UDS Table

Toney Marconi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Nothing Fancy. I was gonna just make an attached shelf, but decided to go the table route. We are renovating a Library at work, so I grabbed a couple of oak shelves destined for the dump. Sanded them down, glued them together and used them as a table top. Rubbed in some Cabot Australian Timber Oil for the finish. I can't decide if I want to put a coat of Helmsman on it or not. Eventually it will live under a shelter.

2C775BBF-76F3-4820-B5F5-E1F3BC3C984D-1705-00000118034A1A31_zps12e6cd9a.jpg

WHy does your sign say no alcoholic beverages and then your UDS has a dogfish ale sign on it?

HMMMmmmm

Here is my table...not nearly as nice. It's more of a shelf

uds%20shelf.jpg

I would build a table for mine but I wouldn't be able to fit it into the shed after using it. I may replace my rusted metal shelf with some wood to make it look a bit nicer..I'm jealous of all these nice looking tables

Really like your table. Was thinking along the same lines for a dual purpose table to use with my uds and my weber kettles.

I like the table. Do you plan on attaching it to the UDS eventually, so you don't have 2 pieces to move whenever you smoke.

I like the table. Do you plan on attaching it to the UDS eventually, so you don't have 2 pieces to move whenever you smoke.

No, I kind of like the flexibility of being able to use it on either side of the drum. I may shorten the legs and add some casters to make it easier to move around. I'm putting the finishing touches on it's new home this week. Once that is finished it won't ever move more than a few feet.

I was going to ask the same thing!

See above post ^

I've had the sign for about 30 years or so. I found it in the trash pile of a Frat House while I was in college. While I don't know for sure where it came from originally, I have a pretty good idea. I just find it humorous because many adult beverages have been consumed on that deck over the years.

Back