Kosmos rotisserie chix = cream of jalapeño soup

Skidder

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Soaked a whole chix in Kosmos chix soak,dried it,rubbed with evoo,Todds Dirt,roasted garlic rub and threw it on the Weber rotisserie. Wasn't sure what to do with it so I turned it into cream of jalapeño soup. Very tasty with just the right amount of heat.
rotochixjapelenosoup004.jpg

rotochixjapelenosoup006.jpg

rotochixjapelenosoup007.jpg
rotochixjapelenosoup008.jpg
rotochixjapelenosoup010.jpg
rotochixjapelenosoup011.jpg

The soup looks good! Will you share the recipe?

Sure will.
3 chopped and seeded jalapeno peppers
1/2 large onion chopped
1 carrot shredded
1/2 a red bell pepper chopped
2 cloves garlic minced
2 cans chix broth
1 cup water
2 tbl. flour
2 cups chix
2 cups of colby or american cheese (the real stuff not processed)
3/4 cup half and half
s&p to taste
2 tbl evoo
saute the 1st 5 ingredients 5 min. in evoo add flour to make a rue add water and stock bring to a boil then lower and simmer 30 to 40 min. Run it through a blender then back to a pot and reheat then add chix and cheese and 1/2 and 1/2. Enjoy

Looks outstanding Skidder, Thanks for the recipe. I'm adding this to my to-do list! :thumb:

It only takes minutes to make as long as you have the chix. You can also use pulled pork. Very creamy/cheesy with a touch of heat. It's one of my favorites.

I'm going to take some of this soups broth and add some grilled shrimp. Now that I've tasted it I think it could be better with shrimp. Let ya know.

Looks very tasty Skid!
I love the soup too!

I started the cream of Jalapeno soup and then found no smoked Chicken in the freezer. :tsk: The flavor is excellent. Thanks Skidder. :thumb: Please don't take offense but, I'm going to make some Mac and Cheese with this tonight.

That sure looks tasty from here.

Keven you rock it and let me know how it works. Pics if you can.

Nothing fancy here. Country style ribs smothered in SBR, home made beans and Mac and Cheese using Skidder's cream of Jalapeno soup for the sauce. The flavor of the soup is very pleasant, but I'm partial to recipes that call for sauteing the veggies and then creating a roux. I did add another 8 ounces of mild Cheddar cheese to thicken it up and then baked for 45 minutes at 325*. My photo skills suck.

DSCF0565.jpg

Back