• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Egg Hack floating around the web

Radrob

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I had to try it. It works good and makes a good grilled egg and cheese sandwich, next time I'll add bacon because everything is better with bacon!!!!

Pro Tip=if you use cheese be careful flipping, the egg just slides off the cheese and messes it up but it's an easy fix.

egg-sammie.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv4tSyuIXVc&feature=youtu.be

Cool idea. As to the cheese, just put it on the hot egg after you flip the egg/bread and before you fold it into the sandwich. That should put the cheese in the middle and keep it from sliding? I'm going to make this tomorrow. Thanks

No photos, but I did it this morning. Cool idea.

A couple of eggs in the pan after frying up some bacon and 2 sausage patties. Drop the bread on top of the eggs, then once set flip over and fold in the edges of egg. Top with cheese slices, the sausage patties and some 1/2 strips of bacon then flip one side of the bread on top to complete the sammich.

I can report putting the cheese on top of the hot eggs after the initial flip worked perfect. No sliding like in the video where the cheese was put on top of the eggs "then" the bread was added. Don't put on your cheese until after you have flipped and the bread is on the bottom grilling. There is plenty of heat in the eggs to melt the cheese as you fold in the edges and other ingredients (if any).

Thanks for the idea!

No photos, but I did it this morning. Cool idea.

A couple of eggs in the pan after frying up some bacon and 2 sausage patties. Drop the bread on top of the eggs, then once set flip over and fold in the edges of egg. Top with cheese slices, the sausage patties and some 1/2 strips of bacon then flip one side of the bread on top to complete the sammich.

I can report putting the cheese on top of the hot eggs after the initial flip worked perfect. No sliding like in the video where the cheese was put on top of the eggs "then" the bread was added. Don't put on your cheese until after you have flipped and the bread is on the bottom grilling. There is plenty of heat in the eggs to melt the cheese as you fold in the edges and other ingredients (if any).

Thanks for the idea!

I'm glad it worked, I'll use that technique too.

Wasn't it fast and easy?

Yes, we were doing bacon anyway and I just used one pan for everything. Easy as can be and the egg layer is pretty thin and set fast.

Back