Pitmaster T's "Half Assed Kettle Cooks" series - Beef Rib Walmart Rip off

Pitmaster T

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Walmart ripped me off, man.

IMG_1942.jpg

Wife brought home some beef ribs. Initially I was so happy they were not "enhanced" and were like $1.29 a pound I thought.. "Cool." As I looked at the Cyropack I saw the depressions between the bones and assumed they were because bones could not be "compressed." I made the video anyway. Also used Dinks' Rub, salt and pepper. No foil ever touched these ribs!!!!! Sauce and everything is home made.... like a tru pitmaster does

I also wish to say this video tickles the **** outta me... my son makes another acting attempt as well.

Hope you watch it closely enough to enjoy.

THANKS DINK FOR THE RUB you sent me. It was great!

IMG_1941.jpg

This is for all the folks that refuse to give in to pressure and NEVER use foil... and make all their own sauces and rubs because to do otherwise would mean you are not a true pitmaster and never will be.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evEn2ryBqDA"]I GOT SCREWED by WALMART Beef Ribs - Pitmaster T's Half Assed BBQ Series - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I am confused.

"No foil ever touched these ribs!!!"

attachment.php

is that aluminized paper towels?

Wife brought home some beef ribs. Initially I was so happy they were not "enhanced" and were like $1.29 a pound I thought.. "Cool."

Are you seeing enhanced beef? It's hard to find pork around here that isn't enhanced but I haven't seen any enhanced beef.

Holy bone shine Batman....

I think one of the Wallies goofed up printing the label..... it should have said "soup bones - $1.29/lb"

BTW, That last cross section picture is a good example why the membrane should be removed, but in this case I can see why you left it on.... :mrgreen:

Cool video...I think :twitch:

Btw, on that "homemade" sauces part, is that a bottle of Kraft ... pre-made sauce you're pouring into the bowl, or am I just missing something there?

Btw, on that "homemade" sauces part, is that a bottle of Kraft ... pre-made sauce you're pouring into the bowl, or am I just missing something there?

You are missing his humor.

Two parts make me chuckle at myself...

One is when I say "Texas...............................................Spices"

The other is when I am using the store bought rub and I glance at the camera... my jowells jiggling as I shake it into the custard dish to make it look like its "homemade.

Lmao... the things people call others out on will never cease to amuse me. Pitmaster, you as always are a joy to view. First time I came into contact with you on this forum, I felt like Ralphy on Christmas Story, sitting in the bathroom, using the BBQ Brethren decoder ring to try and figure out what the Hell was being used. It was truly an enjoyable experience. Also irritating, but it ADDED TO THE FUN!

Great video.

I am confused.

"No foil ever touched these ribs!!!" is that aluminized paper towels?

Make that one that maybe didn't see the video

Well played, Beat me to it!

Two that didn't see the video

Almost all of WalMart's beef is enhanced. I'm seeing it in other markets too.

These were not enhanced. I can def say that. Why would you enhance sinew. LOL

Three fellas that didn't see the video

I figured that it was something like that. I had to ask...:redface:

I like your name.,, makes me think of Life of Brian....

PILATE Centuwion, do we have anyone of that name in the gawwison?
CENTURION Well no, sir. PILATE Well, you sound vewwy sure. Have you checked?
CENTURION Well no, sir um... I think it's a joke, sir. Like uh... Sillius Soddus, or... uh, Biggus Dickus, sir. GUARD 4 (s******)
PILATE What's so funny about Biggus Dickus?
CENTURION Well it's a joke name, sir.
PILATE I have a vewwy gweat fwiend in Wome called Biggus Dickus.

Back