Question for teams from Iowa

big matt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
If you could pick just one comp in July which one would you do(other than Sam's)?..the way I see it is that your state is THE hotbed of BBQ..couldn't work in a trip out last year..seriously thinking about it this year and we have a friend that will set us up..thanks guys!

We'd love to see you guys out here Matt. I'd take strong look at the contest in Mason City if I were you. Great organizer,great contest location, great money:-D

If you need any help with equipment or anything let me know, we'd love to help if we can.

I second the Mason City comp. Ruth knows how to run things right., ___

Yep, what Dave and Joe said! Ruth puts more work into a contest than anyone I know and she takes care of the judges, cooks, and the spectators!:clap2:

Thanks guys!..I appreciate the feed back..hopefully we can make it out this year.

Waterloo is also a good one in July. Then you can go to LaPorte and do a Iowa double header!!!!

Waterloo is also a good one in July. Then you can go to LaPorte and do a Iowa double header!!!!

Scottie those were the two that were on our radar last year..when I looked at the schedule I didn't see La Porte..this plan would actually be better as we can get schooled twice..haha and our buddy is most likely cooking both of those Comps..thx!

La Porte usually shows up on the list later for some reason. I would be surprised if it didn't happen. Besides the 100* weather, it's a blast doing 2 comps the same weekend! Hope to meet you if you make it!

Do I have this right?..cook Waterloo Sat.pack up drive 12 miles for Laporte Sun.?

Yes. Waterloo is a Saturday turn in and LaPorte is a super day turn in.

I don't think LaPorte is going to happen this year since the organizer moved to Tennessee. A better option for a double header would be Whiting, IA on July 3 and 4th and then a new contest coming to Des Moines on July 6th and 7th. Just get your butt out here and we'll get you taken care of. But Whiting is limited on teams so get your entry in now.

I don't think LaPorte is going to happen this year since the organizer moved to Tennessee. A better option for a double header would be Whiting, IA on July 3 and 4th and then a new contest coming to Des Moines on July 6th and 7th. Just get your butt out here and we'll get you taken care of. But Whiting is limited on teams so get your entry in now.

Already got mine in to Whiting :-D

Back