Tri Tip done with Oakridge Rub Co Santa Maria...w/pron!!check it out

smokeyokie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Ordered some Oakridge rubs and one of which was the Santa Maria rub.....Brethren!!! Farking Awesome!!! Folks you gotta get you some of these rubs (shout out to kcmike) any way look at my pix. Tri tip, rubbed with EVOO, ORR Santa Maria rub, and cooked on kettle with hickory chunks ...Thanks for looking

Last edited:
that looks great!I bought some tri-tip on thursday. And earlier in the week i got a sample pack of oak ridge rubs. I am planning on making it tomorrow. Pretty much the exact same thing.

What time and temp. you use?

I did it in my kettle, set up indirect with kingsford B/W and hickory chunks... I did not set a temp gauge for the grill surface since the meat was away from heat but I did pull at 130 IT and tent with foil for 10 minutes then cut... was really tasty... I think you will be happy the the oakridge rubs I have used the secret weapon and the game bird already and like those alot,but the Santa Maria is great!!! and I am very pleased with the flavor profile...best of luck!! let me know how yours turns out

I did it in my kettle, set up indirect with kingsford B/W and hickory chunks... I did not set a temp gauge for the grill surface since the meat was away from heat but I did pull at 130 IT and tent with foil for 10 minutes then cut... was really tasty... I think you will be happy the the oakridge rubs I have used the secret weapon and the game bird already and like those alot,but the Santa Maria is great!!! and I am very pleased with the flavor profile...best of luck!! let me know how yours turns out

I posted mine here:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1686561#post1686561

Damnit! All you guys cooking Tri-tip and making it look FARKING AWESOME... I'm going to have to go get some tri's and cook some more up!!!

Mike

thanks, it got eaten in a hurry!! really like your rubs getting ready to do whole chickens today one with secret weapon and one with the game bird/chicken... I post a thread later with pix:thumb:

thanks, it got eaten in a hurry!! really like your rubs getting ready to do whole chickens today one with secret weapon and one with the game bird/chicken... I post a thread later with pix:thumb:

Awesome!

On little trick on those chickens, oil up the skin-side lightly with olive oil before applying the rub....

Another trick is to spatchcock (butterfly them)...
MJT_7000.jpg

Mike

Man I gotta tell ya that looks so good and here I am with my ham sandwich for lunch (although its really good it AIN"T Tri-tips!). I bought 2 TT's Friday and intend on cookin em up along with 2 Flat iron steaks on Monday. I'll be handing off the TT's to 2 of my neighbors (they are TT virgins) who do a lot for me out here in the country. One keeps my horse pasture brushhawged and the other brushhawgs my rocky roadside ditch and both help in the winter with snow plowing my drive and the main road we all use to get to town. Thanks for the inspiration and for making my lunch today less enjoyable! Nice PRON!

nice job:thumb: how did you like the Oakridge rub? I thought it was fantastic!

Back