What did you get for Fathers Day?

I got a beef "Whole Animal Card" from Cleaver and Co. They carry locally raised grass-fed beef, pork, lamb, and goat.

The card shows the primal cuts and I am entitled to choose one selection from each.

• BEEF
    • Chuck:
      • 2.5 lbs. Chuck Eye or
      • 2 lbs. Shoulder Tender or
      • 2 lbs. Flatiron or
      • 2 lbs. Blade or
      • 3 lbs. Deckle
    • Brisket:
      • 2.5 lbs. Brisket or
      • 4 lbs. Shank or
      • 2 lbs. Short Ribs or
      • 2.5 lbs. Flank
    • Ribs/Short Loin:
      • 1 lb. Ribeye or
      • 1 lb. Strip
    • Sirloin:
      • 2 lbs. Tri-Tip Roast or
      • 1 lb. Sirloin Steak or
      • 1 lb. Top Sirloin
    • Round:
      • 2 lbs. Top Round or
      • 2 lbs. Bottom Round or
      • 2 lbs. Eye of Round
    • Flank/Plate:
      • 1.5 lbs. Flank or
      • 1.5 lbs. Skirt
    • Ground/Stew
      • 2 lbs. Ground or
      • 2 lbs. Stew
Any recommendations?

I did not know I needed one, but my kids gave me a waffle iron, anyone have a good recipes for waffle batter. Hum wonder if I can make a panini in it?

My son gave me 50.00 for some back rent money, then promptly ask if he could barrow my truck to haul somethings, and then proceeded to ask if he could barrow 20.00 for gas. Kids got to love them or you would have to kill them, but at least I know I am still needed. :clap2:
Dave

I got a stick welder and a few misc tools. My first project will be welding up a long, skinny yakitori grill. :))

My wife mowed the lawn and I got some golf tee's, but this was my favorite gift of the day.

While I drove 3 hours each direction for this, I was able to spend about an hour and a half with my father who is dieing. I'm glad he was lucid and we had an enjoyable talk, but unfortunately he knows the gravity of the situation. It was very tough saying goodbye...

Then, I got home and my daughter was in town for a few hours of quality time.

Wow. I never thought this thread would get this much attention. Cool!!

Amazing ..... We got everything from "nothing", to monster smokers, to dogs to new babies and last words with Dad (that one got me teary eye'd).

Thanks for the replies fellas. Some of these posts really put things into perspective.

I got a bunch of time with the wee ones and Shawshank Redemption on bluray. My wife just headed out to mow and I'm gonna count that, too. :razz:

I got to spend some time with my 4 month old twin girls. Wife got me a card and a blanket her mom made, and two that match it for my daughters.

A day late but totally awesome! ***Pics added***

Just a couple of miles from my house in Wyocena, I have been seriously perving on a Weber kettle that has been sitting outside for a couple of years.

I stopped in once and had a really nice talk with the owner of the house regarding the grill. Of course, it wasn't hers. It was her brothers, and she would have to see if he would take my offer. Like an idiot I never stopped back. But the place is on the way to my mom and dad's and I got to see it often but there never seemed to be anyone home when I drove by.

It had some condition issues. Not bad, some chippage and dings and such. But overall it was in really good shape. I kidded the kids that they never got it for me.

Tonight I pulled in the driveway and there it was in front of the garage.

An early to mid 70s Weber kettle.

Avocado.

My oldest son (who is painfully shy) screwed up his courage and talked them out of it for less than I was going to offer.

I could see it from the end of our long driveway and smiled all the way to the house, laughing as I got out of the car. My son was pretty proud of himself, but not as proud as I am of him for stepping outside of his comfort zone to do something for his dad.

CopyofAvocadoandB003_zpsd27b9853.jpg

Still need to finish the resto.

Last edited:
Just a couple of miles from my house in Wyocena, I have been seriously perving on a Weber kettle that has been sitting outside for a couple of years.

I stopped in once and had a really nice talk with the owner of the house regarding the grill. Of course, it wasn't hers. It was her brothers, and she would have to see if he would take my offer. Like an idiot I never stopped back. But the place is on the way to my mom and dad's and I got to see it often but there never seemed to be anyone home when I drove by.

It had some condition issues. Not bad, some chippage and dings and such. But overall it was in really good shape. I kidded the kids that they never got it for me.

Tonight I pulled in the driveway and there it was in front of the garage.

An early to mid 70s Weber kettle.

Avocado.

My oldest son (who is painfully shy) screwed up his courage and talked them out of it for less than I was going to offer.

I could see it from the end of our long driveway and smiled all the way to the house, laughing as I got out of the car. My son was pretty proud of himself, but not as proud as I am of him for stepping outside of his comfort zone to do something for his dad.

CopyofAvocadoandB003_zpsd27b9853.jpg

Still need to finish the resto.

Wow that is a great story and a great kettle you got there!

Back