Would you call this a score???

Yakfishingfool

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Every year the NY state police put on the police chase, a running event. I usually sign up to cook. this year as I'm getting the charcoal set-up, I spy a double bag of old Kingsford. I mean pristine in the plastic. I set them aside and save them for the end. Of course I got the cook done for 100 plus people on only three small bags of the new stuff so here sits two 24 poun dbags of the good stuff. I make the donation and walk out with them. Would yo call that a score? I felt good about it. Scott

PS, it goes intot he pit on this weekend. Big cook coming up! S

Sounds like a score to me! You helped out a good cause, and you have some old K to cook with!

I have 6 bags left in the garage. Then it's gone.

By the by, trying out a new team name. The last name is Owitz, like moscowitz or horowitz. When you say "Oh It's BBQ!", you're actually calling us by name!! :) Whatchya think? Looking at an offset smoker logo with the smoke coming out and forming the exclamation mark. Scott

call me crazy, but did they stop making a certain brand of kingsford?
i don't use it so I'm out of the kingsford loop.

Kung Fu BBQ said:
call me crazy, but did they stop making a certain brand of kingsford?
i don't use it so I'm out of the kingsford loop.

yea it's new and improved they were advertising like crazy early this summer, to put it blunt it SUCKS :mad: do a search one of the brethren did a side by side comparison

So, if the new Kingsford sucks, what do y'all prefer when not using sticks? I can get the natural lump Royal Oak charcoal pretty easily in Michigan, so I've been using it to get fires going and then adding apple, cherry or oak splits.

I do think it's kind of wierd that the Royal Oak charcoal comes from Argentina, so if there's a better more local source you'd recommend, I'd like to hear about it.

Lump of almost any kind for me. As long as I don't get cheap and find burnt plywood in the bag...!

Kinda reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine learns that they are discontinuing the sponge, her favorite birth control. She has to decide who is "sponge worthy". Actually passes up on having "relations" with guys because they are not.

So, you gotta ask yourself, is this event worthy of my last bit of the old Kingsford?

Plowboy said:
Kinda reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where Elaine learns that they are discontinuing the sponge, her favorite birth control. She has to decide who is "sponge worthy". Actually passes up on having "relations" with guys because they are not.

So, you gotta ask yourself, is this event worthy of my last bit of the old Kingsford?

I don't think I will be wasting any on the outlaws when the come to texas for thanksgiving :twisted:

Back