My WSM arrived today :(

Oh man, what a let down. I hope Weber comes through for you quickly.

Can I again say call Weber? They will make you smile in no time.

When my WSM arrived it came missing a leg. I noticed that on a Friday night and already had meat to cook on Saturday and Sunday. I was not happy when they told me I couldn't get a replacement till Tuesday at earliest. That said, it was worth the wait. Great smoker.

My Home Depot is stocking 18.5 and 22's -- even if I had to drive an hour or so I think I would rather than mail order...........

I know that was disappointing! Sorry to see it! I've got three Weber products and can't stress enough how impressed I've been with their customer service over the last 12 years. They have been great...always very responsive!

Sorry for the bad luck but I'm sure they will make it right and you'll love the smoker.

OUCH! Sorry to see that. The good thing is, they will make it right.

I had an issue with my 26.5" weber kettle. When it arrived the lid had four dings in it through the paint down to bare metal from the four charcoal grate tabs in the bottom section. It was on a Saturday morning, I called Weber customer service, submitted a claim with them, emailed them pics right there and then showing the damage for their claim report (gotta love technology). Easy peasy in under 20 minutes including taking and sending pics. They approved the claim and shipped the replacement lid immediately. I had the replacement on Monday. Not too shabby IMO.

I called them, they emailed me immediately requesting pictures which I sent right back. I didn't have pictures of the bowl though so as soon as I got off work I sent those pictures at 5:15, by 5:30 they returned the call saying the new parts were on the way.

Im hoping that all of the other parts are there, they all seem to be intact.

For those that asked it is the 18.5, I ordered it from Essex Technology through Amazon because they had the lowest price. 289 with free shipping if i remember correctly. No stores within an hour of me stock them from what i understand.

Good to hear Weber is taking care of you, though not surprising based on their reputation. Bummer that you had this happen, but you'll be whole again soon and loving your new WSM!

For anyone who cares, the replacement lid and bowl showed up a few days later, and I have used it a few times already. Did a couple racks of baby backs first, then some MOINK balls just because I already had everything laying around.

My maverick et732 had a faulty probe right out of the box, so I am waiting on a new one now.

If it werent for bad luck, I wouldnt have any.

For anyone who cares, the replacement lid and bowl showed up a few days later, and I have used it a few times already. Did a couple racks of baby backs first, then some MOINK balls just because I already had everything laying around.

My maverick et732 had a faulty probe right out of the box, so I am waiting on a new one now.

If it werent for bad luck, I wouldnt have any.

Glad you got the WSM sorted out. Wow you are having a rough start, poor thang.

Look forward to some pics of some cooks with this.

I bought a 732 yesterday and I'll have it tomorrow--hope I don't have problems with it.

I called them, they emailed me immediately requesting pictures which I sent right back. I didn't have pictures of the bowl though so as soon as I got off work I sent those pictures at 5:15, by 5:30 they returned the call saying the new parts were on the way.

Im hoping that all of the other parts are there, they all seem to be intact.

For those that asked it is the 18.5, I ordered it from Essex Technology through Amazon because they had the lowest price. 289 with free shipping if i remember correctly. No stores within an hour of me stock them from what i understand.

I know you already worked this out with Weber, and it was two weeks ago...BUT, if you didn't already let Amazon know, you should. They're also fantastic about dealing with damage in shipping/packaging. My wife ordered my smoker from Amazon as well as some accessories so I'd have everything I needed when she gave it to me - and they packaged some bags of wood chunks in the same box as a book on smoking. Scratched up the book and covered it in wood dust. They offered her the option of either a replacement at no cost, or a 40% refund. You already got the replacement part from Weber, but you might still be able to swing the 40% discount from Amazon for the inconvenience of it all... I wouldn't mind waiting for a replacement dome if I could get a WSM for 40% off :-D

Sigh.. How disappointing but I've spoken with Weber for other things and they stand behind their products but even a worry

Back