Here is what we done this weekend..

H

HHpepper

Fired the pit up at 8pm thursday and 68 butts later we shut her down at 8am saturday. These were a fundraiser for my wifes church youth group. It went very well. They asked that we only smoke them with no rub or injections.

Attachments

• Photo-0043.jpg
    Photo-0043.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 461
  • Photo-0042.jpg
    Photo-0042.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 454
WOW what a load of meat got any finish pics would love to see them WOW

some of the buyers were pretty old and didnt need the extra salt/sugar, some dont like spices, blah blah... I didnt have time to get any finish pics as we had to remove and foil before the pit lost too much heat. It was my first ever cook with that much meat, I may give them a limit next time, I am a little too old to work those hours.

first, yer not old. second that gives you major points with the church. but best of all, ya did it for the wife. nuff said.

Looks good to me!! Pure pork flava right there! Did you cook em in two batches?

Bob

Yes we had to cook in 2 loads, 36 was all my pit would hold. I know that loading it up like that extended the cook time but I didnt have a choice cause they scheduled the first pickups at 6pm on friday. We had to jockey the meat around a few times to even the cooking. Took a ton of fuel to keep it up to temp with a load like that.

Congrats on a job well done:thumb:

WOW great job!!
Did you have to pull all that pork, or was it picked up whole?
Also, how much fuel did you burn through?

Nah, they picked them up whole in foil. We went thru 3.5-40lb bags of lump, 1 bag of RO briqs and several sticks of hickory.

And I thought I could load up a cooker. Good job. Where they auctioned or purchased for a set price?

Back