You're All Invited to The 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash on 3-16-2019

mod.gif
61 DAYS till the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash
mod.gif

Wow! This is really not to that far away.

Shelly and I have a road trip to Lake Buchanan coming up in a week and an EggFest on March 2 here in Dallas.
I need to get my Shirley cleaned up and ready for the Bash.
I also have some bling from Tyler I need to add to her also.
So time for me to get busy.
Hope to see you at the Bash!! :mrgreen:

WOW!!

mod.gif
56 DAYS till the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash
mod.gif

:mrgreen:

I have a friend that started cooking at comps around Texas this year with his Shirley. He's going to try to make the Spring Bash if work allows for it. If he can, we should have a couple of Shirleys there. Kevin is bringing his PBC. I've never cooked on one so I'm looking forward to this. I believe Kelley and Bruce are bringing their BGE MiniMAX and 17" Blackstone.

There is a grocery store in McKinney that sells the Conecuh Brand Sausage from Alabama. I'll go by and pick up what flavors they carry for the Bash. I also picked up some Kiolbassa Texas Beef Hot Links. Never tried these before. We will throw them on the Shirley at the Bash. I'm on a quest to find the best Red Hots / Hot Links!!

For you guys coming to the Spring Bash from out of town, let me know if you need anything. I'll see what I can do to help.

I'm looking forward to some of SmittyJonz's famous meatloaf. I missed out last time.

mod.gif
45 DAYS till the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash
mod.gif

Are you going to the Bash? :mrgreen:

If Only Cowgirl would Come ........she could Skool us All in the ways of BBQ, Grilling, Cooking, Baking, calf roping, goat herding, sheep shearing, Whiskey Shooting,........ :mrgreen:
it’d be Worth it for Us All to pitch in and cover her Hotel stay. :wink: I’d stay 3 Days........

Goat Tacos, Calf Fries, Beer Bread, Apple Dumpling things, Cajun Paella,.............

Last edited:
The sad news is that we won't make this bash, the other sad news is that we won't be doing our Texas roadtrip this year either. The GOOD news is that it's now in the books for 2020 so I will keep an eye on those bash dates.

You are welcome to the Bash anytime!
One year I hope to make it over to your side of water. My family roots are from Blaricum, Holland back in 1642 and a trip there is on my bucket list.
I've read and heard about some great Texas style Q and BBQ contest over there and would like to experience a few of them. :mrgreen:

I'm hoping the wifey and I can stop by for a short bit. Would love to meet everyone and check out the different gear!

Great just hit the signup sheet please.
It lets everyone know how many are going and helps us plan our cooks. :mrgreen:

And we never will :boxing:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When you can Harvest n Cook the Calf Fries and Shear a Sheep while whipping up some Cajun Paella - We’ll Talk about it..........:biggrin1:

Ouch! And I thought you guys enjoyed us coming out to the Texas bashes. We'll show y'all. we'll come anyway!

mod.gif
39 DAYS till the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash
mod.gif

OK boys and girls the 2019 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash is almost upon us!

Shelly is off to Chicago for a week and when she gets back we will work on a new breakfast cook.

I think while she is away I'll start rounding up all the stuff we need for the Bash. I have a little bling to put on the Shirley to get her ready for the Bash. I'm going to use Pecan sticks again this year to cook with. I do have some cherry I may bring to mix in.

As I mentioned earlier, I'll bring my two 10x10 pop ups if someone will help with the set up and take down. Along with some leg weights. Anything else you think we could use?

Looks like we will have quite a few out of towners again this year. That's great! If I can help you guys with anything, just let me know. I'll have Shelly get right to it!! :becky:

Back