New build, new build toy w/pic's

Great build and good photo walk thru - looking forward to some pron pics from it.

Not bad for a Gator fan.:tongue:

Just kidding. I grew up watching the Gators since my dad went to school in Gainsville. Of course, my mom was a Seminole so that made things interesting...

Sweet build!

Thanks for all the really kind comments. Remember, my son Kyle was the lead builder, the talent is his. I was just drawing plans, marking cuts, cutting steel & supervising (the guy in the corner with the camera drinking beer). Spent today adding gaskets to the cook chamber door (sealed up real nice) and adding spring handles and a Tel Tru to the cook chamber door. Also did a second seasoning burn. Sounds like the plan is spare ribs & pork steaks for a first cook this weekend. Thanks again for the kind words.

Thanks. With the experience and quality you and Tyler do, your's is a special compliment. Just a thought: I'm really impressed with the temp stability and cooking volume of this thing with only a 26"x26" footprint. We will see how it cooks this weekend but I'm thinking it will be good. Upgrade this concept to 11 gage steel quality drum (this thin wall water well tank was really a PITA to work with, but hey it was free) and I bet it would be a great "patio model" for folks that have space limitations and don't really need a trailer rig. Thanks again.
dwfisk Jam up Jam up I do mean a jam up job!!!!!!! Man I love that, you and your son have built a beauty!!!!!!!

Dude, that's awesome. Thanks for sharing and enjoy.

How far are you down I-75? I might need to make a midnight requisition! Nicely done.

Mighty Fine Sir!

That is an expansion tank used in chill water and boiler applications in the HVAC plant applications. It's designed to contain a rubber blater that expands and contracts according to water temp to maintain a constant pressure within the closed loop system.

You and Your Son did one heck of a job on it. I may have to condemn one at one of my plants and call for instructions! ;D

Back