Fencing at the Royal?

Gerrit_Boys

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Being in #995 (corner lot), should we need to worry about roping off our site? I'd rather not haul stuff for that if I don't need it.

Thanks

Only been there 2 times before. Some teams take like a picket fence setup, others buy straw bales. Biggest problem is the party folks on friday nite. They claim up to 75 thousand imbibed folks who are not acting normally.
The team I cooked with even put a combo lock on their porta potty, danged glad they did.

Oh. Whoops. Thought you were talking about this...

fencing_6_lg.gif

Some yellow rope or a roll of caution tape is easy to carry and helps. I have no idea how much they charge for bales of hay, but a wall of bales worked well last year.

we used a lock on our porta potty, bike locks to keep all our grills together and a snow fence (provided by our very kind neighbors) to keep ppl out. It was nice and quiet on our site and safer for our 3 kids.

Some yellow rope or a roll of caution tape is easy to carry and helps. I have no idea how much they charge for bales of hay, but a wall of bales worked well last year.

Last year was a cake walk compared to the year before Ron.

Cold weather kinda slowed down the rowdies.

We have 4 orange road cones, took 3/4 inch pvc pipe cut into 4' lengths, then on the top put a 3/4 pvc "T". You just put the pipe into the hole on top of the cones, run rope thru the "T" and it works really easy. The cones stack on top of eachother and the pipe takes up no room at all.

Scott

Some sort of rope would do you good if you dont want them cutting thru the corner of your space. Nothing elaborate just something to tell people to stay out. We've never had the horror stories of people just walking into our site. But many will cut corners and try to walk around the crowds of people.

we used a lock on our porta potty, bike locks to keep all our grills together and a snow fence (provided by our very kind neighbors) to keep ppl out. It was nice and quiet on our site and safer for our 3 kids.
Watch out Diva. Looks like you've got some nasty neighbors this year.:thumb:

We are using a combination of orange fencing and picket fence across the front. We will be locking our chitter up!

We'll be bringin a lock for the chitter also. A buddy of mine said that they put a chunk of dry ice in a chitter once. I guess it looks like smoke roling out but it's just a harmless vapor. Nobody would go near it. Any truth to this?

We'll be bringin a lock for the chitter also. A buddy of mine said that they put a chunk of dry ice in a chitter once. I guess it looks like smoke roling out but it's just a harmless vapor. Nobody would go near it. Any truth to this?

We don't need any dry ice, we have Bruce B, there is always a blue cloud coming out of the chitter when he walks out!

Some sort of rope would do you good if you dont want them cutting thru the corner of your space. Nothing elaborate just something to tell people to stay out. We've never had the horror stories of people just walking into our site. But many will cut corners and try to walk around the crowds of people.
p

We had folks jumping over straw bales stacked 2 tiers high demanding to use our porta potti, but it was locked, we told them that we did not rent it. They were grabbing their crotches and jumped back over the bales and were not real happy with us. :heh:

p

We had folks jumping over straw bales stacked 2 tiers high demanding to use our porta potti, but it was locked, we told them that we did not rent it. They were grabbing their crotches and jumped back over the bales and were not real happy with us. :heh:

So some type of electrified wiring to run along the top would work better?

p

It's much more behaved on the darkside. :-D

You have to put locks on porta-pots? Fencing to keep drunks out of your site? Geeze - it's tales like this that make travelling to the Royal seem pretty unappealing to a lot of us down South. Just proof that bigger ain't always better I guess.

How about some "police line" tape -- or better yet, post some fake CDC quarantine signs. :becky:

CD

Back