• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Check out my loins!

tortaboy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I decided to do a little pork loin experimenting today.
The top loin is coated in a savory rub.
The middle loin is coated in just kosher salt and black pepper.
The bottom loin is stuffed with fresh pineapple and brown sugar. The outside is a spicy hot rub.

porkloins1.jpg

loins2.jpg

Results this evening.

Here's news at 11....

final.jpg

final2.jpg

Picture is chit, but the loins came out really good. This is the one stuffed with brown sugar and pineapple. I foiled to 165...160 would have been perfect for us.

Note to self: Don't be afraid of loading that sucker up with brown sugar and pineapple...like eating candy...for dinner...and not getting in trouble! :heh:

I've found I like putting on a rub and resting overnight in the fridge. Then I cook to 145F. Comes out moist and continuously pink throughout. I'm guessing that nitrites from the celery seed in my rub are lightly curing the loin overnight. Good stuff.

Those are some nice looking pieces of pork there!

Did you try brining? Last time I cooked some pork loin I brined overnight and the piece was super juicy when it was done.

Yummy. Try 145 next time for a moister product.

I don't think 145 will be the number for my family...Looking to foil at 145 and pull at 155 next time.

It was really good this time, but I think 155 should be just about perfect.

My wife has this fixation that EXTREMELY moist meat = uncooked meat.

Been married for 26 years....gotta pick my battles....and fighting over a few minutes less time on the grill is not one of them.:-D

Back