• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Taking a Class

M

Mike - CSBBBQ

Noticed in the Butcher downtime thread several comments about a class in the off season. The question is..whose class would you take and why?

Peller Envy, I Smell Smoke or Myron Mixon. I would love to take a class from any of these masters.

I smell smoke!!! class, besides being a great class I also had a blast during the class. Coulnt tell you if it made a difference as I did not mimic anything but just tweaked what I already did. I did win a GC soon after taking the class

I'd like to take the Lotta Bull class - especially because he cooks on a stickburner

Myron tells me he also may have to cut back from his usual 3 classes each year if TLC decides to produce more episodes of "BBQ Pitmasters". If they do, he may not hold a February class in 2010.

(Of course I highly recommend the Jack's Old South class.)

i would take the cowgirl class, cause she is on the money when it comes to cooking anything :p:p

I only took the IQUE class and it was very informativeI would say it is worth the drive to BOSTON. I have heard the I smell smoke class in good.

I took the Pellet/Trigg class and loved it. More than payed for itself 1st comp out as we won RGC. Signed up for the FE/Butcher class and can't wait to drive to Oklahoma:-D

I think Myron's would be nice.

Heck any of them that are regular competitors would be cool.

I'd be most interested in getting tips on preparing turn-in boxes. I'm comfortable with the cooking, but those boxes really get to me.

Rod Gray-Johnny Trigg class.....

excellent choice if it's available next year. Helped me a lot.

I'd like to take the Lotta Bull class - especially because he cooks on a stickburner
Also an excellent class but he cooks on a Jambo oven and uses matchlight charcoal. Doesn't really qualify as a stick burner. Add one stick every 60 -90 minutes and back on the couch for a nap. Told us we'd be better off getting some sleep and getting up at ??? well you'll have to take the class to learn that part.

If in the northeast I hear Steve's class is pretty good and southeast try Myron. Midwest - try Rod if they don't do combiend classes.

excellent choice if it's available next year. Helped me a lot.

Also an excellent class but he cooks on a Jambo oven and uses matchlight charcoal. Doesn't really qualify as a stick burner. Add one stick every 60 -90 minutes and back on the couch for a nap. Told us we'd be better off getting some sleep and getting up at ??? well you'll have to take the class to learn that part.

If in the northeast I hear Steve's class is pretty good and southeast try Myron. Midwest - try Rod if they don't do combiend classes.

I thought he sold that pit and cooks on a Yoder now. Yoders and Horizons are pretty much the exact same pit - though I bet his is a bit tighter than mine ;)

I took Myron's class. Worth every penny!

I heard Rod and Tuffy might do "a" east coast class this year. If they do, I'm there.

Johhny isn't doing classes with Rod this coming year. (or so I have been told) Focusing on the TLC Pitmaster show.

If that's the case then I would be interested in going back east to an IQUE class. They happen to be the team that I wanted to be like when we started this competition cooking thing.

I would like to take one of the classes but like some of the others not msure which one.The Rod /Jihnny class if still available has been done by many around our area so I am thinking I should be trying something different.

I took the Pellet/Trigg class and loved it. More than payed for itself 1st comp out as we won RGC. Signed up for the FE/Butcher class and can't wait to drive to Oklahoma:-D
See you there!

I heard Rod and Tuffy might do "a" east coast class this year. If they do, I'm there.
no kidding, if I could fly there, love to see that in person!

I took a Paul Kirk class last spring before I knew anything about competition bbq. It was worth every penny and a great introductory class. Now, after one season of competition I know even less. So, I am going to the Fast Eddy/Butcher BBQ class in Ponca City.

I took the Lotta Bull class this summer. Very next contest I won GC and the contest after that i was 3rd overall with 3 top 5 meats including a 1st in ribs. It was a great class.

I would love to take Myrons class and if Tuffy does a class I would definately be interested.

Back