• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

OTG Wings--pr0n

Robicus129

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Knocked these out this weekend, still perfecting. I used cherry chips with wicked good lump. Sweet taste off the bat with a bite that builds. Not too bad. My youngest daughter raided all the drum sticks.

IMAG0788_zpsbf4b0579.jpg

IMAG0790_zpsa4c145c5.jpg

I could eat wings every day. Before long, though, it'll be cheaper to buy ribeyes.

I must ask...

Why the foil?

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Just a precaution so they don't slip between the grates and get sacrificed when moving them around. Some were kinda small and would slip right through. Need to stop buying from the commissary.......

Just a precaution so they don't slip between the grates and get sacrificed when moving them around. Some were kinda small and would slip right through. Need to stop buying from the commissary.......

Oh, I see. Nice looking grub, by the way!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Nicely done!
Yeah, small pieces can slip through the grate if you're not careful. Arrange them perpendicular to the grate to lessen the chance of that happening.
Also, next time, try placing the foil on the non coal side of the coal grate instead. This will aid in the convection effect in the kettle dramatically.

They look pretty. Did the foil cause them to be a bit soft, or did they crisp right up?

Also, you put any wood in there? Did the foil block any of the smoke penetration?

:thumb:

Back