• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

TK's Tamale Pictures - Where'd they go?

That one is helpful, thanks....but I think the one I wanted was from 2005 or so. He had posted a thread... And an extensive recipe (which is still there, I got that), and a link to a bunch of photos. I am seeking those.
There are plenty of other good ones here, though...So I may have to make due.
I'm thawing three pounds of porky goodness now... Just got the corn husks...my three boys don't know what they've gotten into. A New Year's tamale assembly line!!

That one is helpful, thanks....but I think the one I wanted was from 2005 or so. He had posted a thread... And an extensive recipe (which is still there, I got that), and a link to a bunch of photos. I am seeking those.
There are plenty of other good ones here, though...So I may have to make due.
I'm thawing three pounds of porky goodness now... Just got the corn husks...my three boys don't know what they've gotten into. A New Year's tamale assembly line!!

All that is archived on the Roadmap in q-talk. Just look for the tamale threads. tk is the Brethren Zen Master of the tamale.

All that is archived on the Roadmap in q-talk. Just look for the tamale threads. tk is the Brethren Zen Master of the tamale.

Thanks, Bigdog.

It looks like it is there, but it isn't. That's the problem.

If you go to the roadmap TK post, there are several applicable links.

What I want is the fourth link down, but it seems dead.

The second link refers you to that same fourth link.

Am I missing something?

It looks like that link goes to the photo gallery and I can't seem to find the original album. Let me see if Phil can take a look at it.

HERE is a link to my tamale page. At the bottom of the page there is another link that goes into even more detail. Both pages have tons of photos, so they may be of some help, or give you a tip or two.

We made about 30 dozen a couple of months ago and on the last 5 dozen I used a tortilla press instead of spreading the masa by hand.... I really liked the results.

Brother thirdeye is also a tamale master, but is the undisputed king of pastrami.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Back