Que and Cruz, Louisa VA, July 18 & 19, 2008

• Thread starter Bill The Grill Guy
  • Start date
B

Bill The Grill Guy

***Contest Anouncement***
For more information, email billthegrillguy@msn.com or call 540/832-2014 and ask for Bill. http://billthegrillguy.tripod.com/id33.html

2005721361477701377_rs.jpg

Thanks Bill.

I saved the apps., and printed one out. I will let ya know after we decide where we are cooking. But so far, looks good.

Bill

BTW, everyone... let it be known.

Bill will try to hijack your sauce if you leave it out... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Bill.

I saved the apps., and printed one out. I will let ya know after we decide where we are cooking. But so far, looks good.

Bill

BTW, everyone... let it be known.

Bill will try to hijack your sauce if you leave it out... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thats great news Bill. Would love to have you up here. Since Norfolk got cancelled there are only 2 contests here in VA and they are on the same weekend. Danville and Chesapeak. Mine will make the 3rd. If all goes well this year then we will get sanctioned next year. I could use all the teams I can get to pull this off.

How about it Brethren. You guys talked about a Brethren Bash in the Mid East. I am offering a place right here in Central VA.

7 teams so far. $3500 in cash and prizes. Anyone else considering coming?

We are still considering it,,, can't make any promises yet. looks like a good time,, just a heck of a drive..

We are still considering it,,, can't make any promises yet. looks like a good time,, just a heck of a drive..

Oh I understand completely. I drove up to Clarence NY last year just to meet some of the folks I talk to on another forum. I added an extra day and saw the falls. Well worth the drive.

If you decide to come down, there are a lot of great historical sites here. Plan on a day for that too.

It falls when my vacation starts, so I'm definately thinking about it. I have some family in Roanoake, VA, that want to check out a comp. So it might be a good chance.

If you decide to come down, there are a lot of great historical sites here. Plan on a day for that too.

Man is there ever! Bloody Angle, Chancellorsville, Wilderness, Brandy Station, Fredricksburg, little futher Seven Pines...Man what a place to live!

Sorry, just so much History!

Bill, I havent reserved a camp site yet. I have a pop-up camper and want to bring the family. Are there still spots available? I'll call you soon.

Bill, I havent reserved a camp site yet. I have a pop-up camper and want to bring the family. Are there still spots available? I'll call you soon.

Brauma, the cooking sites are actual camp sites with water and electric. Anyone who is competing will have a site at no additional charge. If you want another site away from the cooking area, you will need to let the campground know. We/The barbeque folks have sites "blocked" for us. When you call the campground, let them know that you are cooking and they will put you in one of those sites.

By the way, we are trying to get this contest classified as a "State Championship" by the Governer. If we are successful, the winner will be eligable for the draw in the Jack Daniels Invitational.

Que and Cruz Tee Shirts are now on order. The cost is $15 with proceeds going to the Trevilians Fire Department. If you would like to order one, please email me with the sizes. billthegrillguy@msn.com

Need application to cook off / details

If you come E-mail me some info me and my Brother would be glad to come.
Thanks
Charlie / Kenny Pope
" Tar River BBQ ":cool:

Need application to cook off / details

If you come E-mail me some info me and my Brother would be glad to come.
Thanks
Charlie / Kenny Pope
" Tar River BBQ ":cool:

Great Contest

Looks like a great contest! I think Bill is trying to get the govoners proclamation for the contest, so with 15 teams it could qualify for the Jack. It would be great to have some of you Yankees down here to teach us how to cook some real BBQ:-D
John
www.pigsontherun.com

This sounds Great !!!!!

I have camped at Small Country before (Great fireworks) I have printed the info and application and look forward to being there for this event.:cool:

Thanks
Charlie / Kenny
" Tar River BBQ "

Wahoo
We just recieved sanctioning by the Mid Atlantic Barbeque Association. Thanks Dan from 3 Eyz BBQ for all the hlep.
By the way, for those of you who live on the east coast area you may want to check into this Association. www.mabbqa.com
NMABAlogoColor_small.jpg

Louisa BBQ contest

Howdy there, our team is finally funded for this event we will be mailing the application soon.
Charlie

Back