Brine your turkey then inject?

kengland

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Planning on smoking my turkey using my Bayou CLassic Cypress. I would like to brine the bird first. With that said, can I still inject the bird with seasoning after the brining is complete? I believe part of the benefit of injecting the meat is to allow it to sit for a while and absorb the liquid that was injected? Can I brine the bird, inject it, and then let it sit overnight?

Also, how long can a bird sit in the frig before it has to be cooked if it has been brined?

Thanks folks!

I typically don't do both, either, but you certainly could try it. I would brine first and then inject, and I would reduce the salt in the injection.

I do both I will brine for 24 hours then inject the bird about an hour or so before I smoke it.

There's a couple of recipes in the recipe pages and both brine for 24-36hrs and then inject before cooking. Might want to read through those. Haven't tried them yet but they sound good and I've been thinking of doing one on the Easter turkey this weekend.

Chad

Thanks Folks. It's really appreciated. I'm going for it. I'm going with the honey brine recipe. I'll save a little, concentrate a with a little more honey, and inject 6 hours before.

Back