• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brisket Cook Times

W

wormdrink67

This is probably a general knowledge question for most of you, and I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong forum...but, I was needing a good guide for cooking times on brisket. I'm cooking with a whole packer, approx. 14 lbs....any help/suggestions/criticism will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 hr to 1.5 hrs per pound but most will say its done when done probe in flat and go till it is 195 to 205 and probes goes into meat like little to no effort others will chime in

view my videos and heed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMVK0-aR2sA

as quality shifts so does the "done IT temp" even beyond the normal variance. About 1/5 of select cuts are Done way under 195 and the more you spend for quality that portion goes up... so if you want to ruin some briskets take the 195-205 advice.

the vid had choice cuts... notice I can flop them over... 85 % of these were done to my standards (which is the Texan standard) at between 185 and 190 IT. I think there were 40... I think... that would have been a large percentage of dried out ready for sandwiches slopped with sauce meat.

Assuming you are cooking low-n-slow @ 225-250...you're lookin' at 1 to 1.5 hours per lb. Cook to an internal temp of 190 then start probing for butter...foil & cooler for at least an hour before slicing against the grain. :thumb:

Back