adjustable grate question....

scott millman

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Our BBQ Team has an adjustable grill grate we use on a webber or fire pit, that enables us to raise and lower according to fire temp..its fitted on 2 legs we clamp on to the side of the pit.....I believe it was purchased awhile back from Cabelas, and the only one I found is for a campfire, with a single post driven into the ground, with one clamp to adjust up and down the shaft......w/o having welding experience, was wondering if anyone has seen anything resembling this in any stores besides Cabelas....or a suggestion as to something similar to this....we all want one for backyard cooks, as well as another to take with us to comps.. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott.

If you could post a pic it would help. Give everyone a better idea the setup.

These are popular in Australia and anyone with a welder could make one . Probably don't need a welder ,just be able to bend some steel or know a blacksmith .The pole gets driven into the ground and the attachments are held in place by sheer gravity .You lift the arm up and it slides down till you release the upwards pressure and it jams against the upright -pretty simple but effective.

Attachments

• cooking%20stand%20kit%20600mm%20bbq%20plate%20grill%20and%20large%20frypan%20pic%202.jpg
    cooking%20stand%20kit%20600mm%20bbq%20plate%20grill%20and%20large%20frypan%20pic%202.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 105
  • cooking%20stand%20with%20wok.jpg
    cooking%20stand%20with%20wok.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 104
"Cowboy campfire grills" -yeah ! I reckon I'll be makin' one of them to show off around the campfire come next holidays . You can never have too much stuff around a camp !!

Ok I see the N8man hijacking the toungue jack off the mobile and putting it on his drum grill.

picture.php

Thanks Guys!, for all of the helpful links....actually like 1 or 2 of those better than what we currently use.....I probably could have explained what I am currently using better....its just 2 T legs made of 1/2" square tubing for bracing, and a square grilling grate with 2 3/4" pcs. of square tubing about 1" wide welded on each end of grate, with wing nuts to secure it up and down the length of the legs....currently we just rest the legs on edge of webber, and secure with clamps....its crude but works great.....much obliged on seeing other versions of this...and giving some more ideas on this......Scott.

P.S.....Norco is that trash can still full of Rancher? hahhahahahhah

No but this is. Don't you know I won't stop till i get one of everything!:biggrin:
IMG_2893.jpg

HAHAHAHHAHHAHAH!....that is EVIL pure EVIL....especially on one of the best BBQ wknds. of the year.....me and my Best of the West/Royal Oak will go outside and pout now....:mad:

Fark I'm here eating friggin pistachios and making them swell in my gut by drinking copious amounts of coke, staring at all this food pron. Who deserves to pout!:biggrin:. Going home at 12 and frying carnitas though.

OK you win the POUT contest....I am trying to satisfy my racing fix watching Indy, until the REAL racing starts this afternoon....have to demembrane some ribs...doing a trial run on a Brinkmann upright I brought back from my Moms house that dad never used....and to my horror, the wife wants to broil and bbq the other ribs.....I told her Id put my test ribs from the upright against the bbq/broiled ones and this won't be an issue again ahahhahhahaha....hopin it works as nicely as the WSMs do....only smoked on my offsets, so it'll be a test....plus back and forth inside to watch racing, its gonna be an interesting day for sure.

Back