• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2000 Lbs of Funk

B

barbefunkoramaque

For those of you that are following my move to Texas

Well with a lot of winching, bracing and brute strength I finally did It. Took me the day nearly. In the first shot you can see the blue trailer I used to haul the Meat Mamma 3000 (nearly 1000 lb smoker I built) lain on its side to the left. Behind the red tool box is the Meat Mamma 3000

View attachment 21840

This shows the Meat Mama Over the axles of the U haul.
View attachment 21841

The Pair seen in happier times.

View attachment 21842

Now... when I get to Texas WHO WANTS TO help me drop them out of the truck?

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a web cam, I'll be the buddy who sits on the side drinking beer telling you how I would do it! Anything to help a brother out. :biggrin:

Get a web cam, I'll be the buddy who sits on the side drinking beer telling you how I would do it! Anything to help a brother out. :biggrin:

I am gonna set up a tripod and cam for the drop. iTS GONNA MAKE A racket.

Honestly I wish I knew where I could get a quick block and tackle when I get there.

Lowes? Good luck. Might have to buy some beer to get that one moved! Good way to meet the new neighbors!

If I lived closer, I'd be there. Just an idea. Follow me here. Let the truck, physics and one big arse farking tree do the work for you.

Once you remove everything else outta the truck and the trailer is all thats left, can you put the wheels back on it and lay it down on the floor of the truck with a little bit of space on each side?

If not, then I'll shut up at this point.

i got it up there with a come a long... but I hate lowering with a come a long. rather be holding a line of rope 15 feet away and out of the truck

Believe it or not, I've done this before. My dad's former tightwad boss put us in a situation like this and it's easier than it looks. By any chance does the truck have a loading ramp on it? Either a hydro lift or an aluminum ramp?

I got it... I will cut hole in the roof while the door is closed and fill it with rub.... then... cut the lines holding it upright and then open the bay door... as the tons of rub fall out like sand it will gently lower to the floor of the trailer

i am so sore right now

nice rig but where @ home & for how many? cause shake & bake ... gonna come put some spank on ya texas business cookers soon- i fikkin' to go home & get righteous............

Hook up a chain to the meat mamma, hook the other end to a local street lamp, Leave back door open and drive away.

Using this technique, you will find the meat momma will move out of the truck very quickly.

Hook up a chain to the meat mamma, hook the other end to a local street lamp, Leave back door open and drive away.

Using this technique, you will find the meat momma will move out of the truck very quickly.

I was thinking the same thing... chain the pit to a tree and slowly drive away... Guess it would depend on the height of the drop...

Actually Phil, this is very close to how we did it. Years back my dad's boss rolled a flatbed into a Uhaul and then piled all his stuff on top of the trailer. The trailer was a bit longer than Funks. When he unloaded all his other chit, he took the truck and trailer to the warehouse and got all the grunts together to take the trailer that the other grunts in the California warehouse had put into the truck by actually LIFTING the farker. We decided to work smarter, not harder.
The hitch was facing out like Funk's. It was also on the floor. We didn't hafta figure a way to lay it down. We attached two chains to the hitch and the other end to a big arse pipe on the loading dock a few feet higher than the hitch itself so it would keep the hitch from digging inot the ground. One guy pulled the truck forward till the trailer tires were on the edge of the truck door. At this point we lowered the aluminum ramp. We tied some rope to the rails on the back of the trailer and pushed the wheels off the edge and let it drop gently. Guy in truck pulled forward a little more till the back edge of the tralier met the edge of the truck. We lifted over the edge fo the ramp and then the truck pulled forward again and it slid gently down the ramp till the tires touched the ground.
The boss came out an couldnt believe we did the job with 5-6 guys when he had 10-15 to load it. They never thought of using the ramp.
In Funk's case I figure he could unload everything except the trailer and Meat momma. Once everything is outMomma gets pushed back in the truck and behind the trailer. Once trailer is unloaded and on the ground, he could winch Momma right off the truck and onto the trailer.

Guess why he went to the trouble of putting the trailer in the truck instead of pulling it behind the truck?

Last edited:
When you get down there go to Ryder and rent a truck with a lift gate, Back up the uhaul to the gate at the right height. You will still have to move it from the uhaul, but at least it should not drop and do some damage.

Ey Funk, I like to hear some of dat really cool music of yours while you move things(Damn Norco is evil to drink beer). Wheres da turkey funk tunes at?

Also, where in Texas are you movin to? I got a few brothers......cuzins an auntys that might help you unload her, that is if you feed em. They drink Shiner, I hope thats okay.

Connect the blue trailer to a truck and back it up to the uhaul. Then get you some pipes to stick under the smoker. Use a comealong fron the trailer to the smoker and suck it out. If Height is a problem then use a couple 2x12's for ramps. 3/4" PVC might be enough to allow the pit to slide on. Steel fence pipe would be best.
What part of Texas are you moving to?
--Hop
Houston, TX

Back