Looking for poke input

Yup, we did this one last year. In hindsight, it's way too expensive to ship our gear from Oahu to Hilo to compete for such a small prize fund......especially when Slap Yo Daddy shows up.

Still, it was fun.

I had to re-read that. Harry Soo is from California, right?

Did he fly his rigs over there or does he have some stashed at a vacation house?

I'm from the south east US and know what poke salad is... About time to be looking for this weed to erupt..
I also know what poke made from Ahi is... Man this thread made me sooooo hungry.
I think that a cold smoke on the tako with a mandolin to slice super thin would give some super flavors...
Diakon would have to be a part of the veggie recipe with some smoked nori that was freshly made.

hungry now...

I had to re-read that. Harry Soo is from California, right?

Did he fly his rigs over there or does he have some stashed at a vacation house?

Yup, Harry is from CA. He borrowed a 22" WSM from the organizer and thoroughly whooped us all with it.

Here's what we went with:

Ahi Poke with mango salsa and wasabi cream sauce

Apple smoked Tako Poke with limu kohu and smoked onions

vegpoke_zps4c94d884.jpg

Veggie poke with fried tofu, ho'io fern and sea asparagus

The ahi and tako made it to finals tomorrow.

The veggie did not........THANK GOD!!

Much Aloha to all of the Brethren for all of your serious input. We managed to finish first in Ahi in the finals. 2 round trip Alaska Airline tix to the west coast!!

Thank you for your help. We sincerely appreciate it.

Mahalo

Crash and Lisa

Much Aloha to all of the Brethren for all of your serious input. We managed to finish first in Ahi in the finals. 2 round trip Alaska Airline tix to the west coast!!

Thank you for your help. We sincerely appreciate it.

Mahalo

Crash and Lisa

Congrats!

Mrs. SJ wants to sample those two winners......a recipe perhaps (on sending it in dry ice once you get to the mainland)? :clap2:

Back