• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pastrami so moist I just might die......

martyleach

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Oh, I love Pastrami but have never made it myself. So, my wife got a Corned Beef and wanted to boil it in the juice in the bag. I said wait a minute, I am trying to watch my sodium intake so how about I take care of this one....
So, I soaked it in a big pan of water with a chopped up potato and I changed the water every 12 hours for 2 days. Then I cleaned the beef up by taking the fat off one side. For a rub, I used Thirdeye's suggestion from his website.
Then I put it on my egg at 240 until it hit 165 internal (which was about 4 hours), then I foiled it in an airtight (see picture) double wrapped sealing for another 4 hours. Then one hour in an ice chest still wrapped in the foil sitting next to a pot of water that had just been boiling.

Here's the result and I thought it was Farking awesome.

The first you see is the foiled corned beef after 3 hours. I make a real tight seal to keep in the 1/4 cup of beef broth.
foiled.jpg

The next pic you will see the nice pepper rub. I used quite a bit more ground pepper than recommended by Thirdeye.
halfsliced.jpg

And here is the sliced up Pastrami just falling apart delicious! Dang, I can't wait to have a Rueben tomorrow!
sliced.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

thanks for posting. looks amazing and i'm starving. could use a sandwich right now!!!

and my butts won't probably be ready until lunch or later tomorrow.

THANK YOU!
I'd say that is dinner tomorrow, but I have heard about the 2 day water soak before.
So I will scoff up some post St. Pats Corned beef and start this process.

Marty dropped off a sample of his pastrami and it was delicious! I can confirm that he nailed it! :clap: Thanks Marty!

Dang! That looks fantastic:clap2:

You've been putting up some great pron sir! That meat looks like it doesn't need a whole lot of help if any at all. :thumb:

Back