Shirley fabrication

Danboz811

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Looking at a 30x70 inch from Shirley fabrication. Has anyone here cooked on one or own one? Any thoughts on this company’s smokers, I wanna use it for some bbq catering or reside bbq

Surely, someone's heard of these folks...

143259d1421845945-full-rear-mounted-led-lightbar-pointed-backwards-whats-point-shirley-jpg

Best reverse flow on the planet! ~Well maybe I'm a little biased but I've owned just about all of the big names and Shirley Fabrication has no competition when it comes to build quality and performance.

I like the 70" elevated straight back pits the best, prefer the 24" depth to the 30" when you pull the grates forward to get at product in the back the mess stays on top of the stainless shelf.

You pull it to far out with a full load of whatever on the cooker you'll make a mess of the ground right under your feet.

Aside from that, with an insulated firebox you can't go wrong and if the reversed warmer and full length shelf options are in the budget it's much nicer to be able to slide hot pans down the shelf and right up into the warmer versus handling them to the rear of the cooker.

If you've ever cooked commercially then you know what the liquids leaking out of hot foil pans will do when they hit the skin, that reversed warmer and full length shelf take away alot of the daily risk in handling pans.

You might want to look at this. Their waiting list is a very long time. But each smoker can/will be built to what ever your requirements are.
There is a 30X80 for sale.
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

I have cooked on a 30X80 quite a few times. Very easy to run. Very easy to tow.
I'd suggest the "warming oven". It works great for poultry besides lower temp smoking. And preheating splits when required.
Here are a couple photo's. For size reference. Hope this helps.
A Brethren who passed away recently was the owner. I was lucky enough to cook many times with him and use his Shirley.

Attachments

• Dave and I.jpg
    Dave and I.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 495
  • ribs (Medium).jpg
    ribs (Medium).jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 489
  • mostly bird.jpg
    mostly bird.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 489
I love my Shirley so much that I'm not even open to trying another stick burner. They made me a believer.

If I had the opportunityto buy one I would. Heard nothing but good things about their smokers. Bad college team though. GO BUCKEYES!

Never have cooked on one - but within the last few months got onto the wait-list after doing a lot of research and seeing one in action. I've got plenty of time (was told 32 month wait when I placed the deposit) to make up my mind on features. They are built like tanks and I have yet to hear anything from negative from anyone who owns one. Can't wait to get mine!

Like everyone else said, these are probably the best reverse flow smokers around. The quality is unmatched. I had a chance to hang out with a bunch of Shirley owners last year and watch them cook. Really impressed with the build quality and operation. One more thing.. Paul Shirley is a true class act! I’ve heard story after story of how he made each customer’s experience a special one. His customers REALLY love their cookers and the Shirley family.

Do not have one but I have never heard a bad word concerning them or the builders

I have a 30x80 straight back elevated cabinet model with barn type doors,an insulated firebox and warmer.I love it.It is the easiest to run and control smoker I have ever had the pleasure of operating.
Yesterday I hosted a large cook/gathering for a group of friends.I placed 10 whole untrimmed slabs of spares on the top rack,2 big aluminum pans of sausage, pepper, onions,a 1/2 stick of bologna and 10 pounds of chicken quarters on the second rack and 30 pounds of chicken quarters on the bottom rack.I still had room for more food and it held 230-250f flawlessly and effortlessly.I highly recommend their product.

I don't think you can go wrong with Shirley.

If I had a Shirley, you can definitely call me Shirley..:pray:

Cooks like a champ and cooks even across the grates once the metal is fully heated . It almost runs itself if you did not have to add wood .

Back