• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Stuffed potato

Yum!! Great looking feast Bob. Can't beat meat n tatoes for comfort food!:grin:

Must be leftover brisket day

Brisket heated in sausage grease, moistened up with Stubbs regular and seasoned with Coopers Rub. Side is cole slaw and Thai pepper dill pickles. BBQ and slaw drizzled with shack sauce. Next time I may stuff this all on a potato.

Oh and right as I opened the thread and saw that marvelous stuffed spud, Debbie Boone came on the oldies channel singing "you light up my life". Coincidence!!!

Last edited:
Looks great Bob. We are having leftover brisket tonight. I'm tempted.

I had never thought of it, then I met Smokejumper, who went to school in Texas, Dallas actually. He figured out the dining scene for broke students while there and realized that there was one place that sold a great 'if you only eat one meal today' meal. A fully loaded brisket stuffed baked potato, for around $5.

Brisket 'burnt ends' style Chili:

6 large Fire roasted Hatch Chiles, chopped
1small onion chopped fine
1 pound cooked brisket (I used a flat)
Chili powder to taste

Sauté onions to translucent, add chiles and heat through. Add brisket and chile powder and sauté until it builds a fond on the pan. Add water to cover meat, simmer covered for 20 minutes. Add 1/4 cup BBQ sauce and simmer uncovered until reduced and thickened.

This is brilliant. I would have not thought of leaving the cumin out.

thanks bob! great idea. i also used tomato powder, cayenne pepper & ground habanero pepper in the chili. this goes on the 'what to do with leftover brisket' menu from now on.

by the time i tried to get some of the fresh hatch chilis, i had missed that boat.

:behindsofa:

This is brilliant. I would have not thought of leaving the cumin out.
Chile powder has cumin in it. Currently I am using a fancy pants chile powder of really high quality, ground ancho, de arbol, chihaucle, and chipotle, with some cumin mixed in

Chile powder has cumin in it. Currently I am using a fancy pants chile powder of really high quality, ground ancho, de arbol, chihaucle, and chipotle, with some cumin mixed in
Yep. A wee bit. But I have always added extra cumin itself. Not sure why, but just the way I've always done it. It was one of those "Now WHY do I always do this?" moments.

Back