Hello from Wisconsin

P

papesd

New member here. Finally bought a kamado (Vision Classic B). Just learning the ropes of it. I was looking for tips on getting the grill perform like it's supposed to - keeping correct temps, etc - and came across this group. Looking forward to learning from you guys and everyone seems to be pretty helpful, so I think this is the right place.

I think that grilling is an art, and though I'm pretty much a novice, I aim to learn as much as I can. I take pride in the food I make and after years of soul-less gas grilling, I wanted to come back to how meat is meant to be cooked and that is over wood coals.

So, with this Vision Classic B grill, I'm starting to learn. Basic setup. No heat deflector. An upper and lower rack or gill grate, a bag of lump charcoal and an electric starter. That's my rig for now. So far, I've started out simple. Marinaded Zuchini (can't stop this sh*t from growing), Awesome natural casing weiners the size of bratwursts that were great on the gas grill but way better on the kamado which gave them a smokey flavor, chicken pieces that I tried to smoke a little and dried out. Flavor was good. And finally, 2 pork tenderloins that didn't get much flavor because I cooked them too fast. Temperature control may be an issue.

Anybody want to offer me tips on getting to most out of my grill? Go ahead!

Thanks for having me and I look forward to learning.

Welcome fellow Wisconsinite!!:thumb:

There are quite a few Kamado users here so you are in good hands.
Just watch out for the guy with the Charred Apron...:mrgreen:

There is a site specific search bar at the bottom of the page that will be helpful until you
decide to become a subscriber!:becky:

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Welcome to the party!

Read, read, read - there is a ton of information you will gain here.

Another Wisconsinite has seen the light!

Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Back