View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #1
Biged92
On the road to being a farker

Default 3 Bay Sink Question for Comps

ME and a buddy have put together a BBQ team and will be competing in our first comp on the 6th of April in Wildomar, CA. Since this is our first comp, we decided not to participate in Peoples Choice, where a 3 bay sink is required by the HD.

My question is, what is allowable for a 3 bay sink when participating in Peoples Choice?

I see quite a few people use 3 bus tubs with a portable Coleman hot water heater. I have seen sinks on trailers, and specialized rigs. Since we're just starting to compete, we do not have any extravagant equipment. We basically have 2 to 3 tents, some WSM's, etc. Knowing were going to need some sort of hot water source regardless, we went ahead and built this portable sink unit.

This sink is a self contained unit that has hot water on demand, 5 gallon fresh water tank, and a 7 gallon grey water tank. The water is pumped by a small water pump that is powered by a 12 volt lawnmower battery. Does anyone have any ideas based on experience whether or not this would be acceptable by the HD?

Any help or guidance would be great. Thanks

-Big Ed

22.5 WSM w/ WiFi Stoker | 22.5" OTS | Assassin28 | Traeger Lil Tex Elite | GMG Daniel Boone
Biged92 is offline   Reply With Quote