Do you have a better hamburger recipe?

One thing i've tried is doing the stuff hamburgers. Haven't really cared for them. Always seemed more trouble than its worth. And doesn't really seem to effect the taste that much.

Something I do for the wife that she likes is mix all hte toppings in a blender to make a spread. I put chopped onions, relish, cherry tomatores, mustard, ketchup, mayo, shreaded chees in a blender. Blend, and make the spread. Same thing that would normall top but its all mixed together.

+1 on the GENTLY formed patties, thats the secret no matter what seasoning you put on it.
Even reheats taste juicy when employing the gently formed patty, even my fiances ex-husband will attest to that, her daughter had taken him some of my burgers I cooked and he called her to brag on her burgers and that she had never made them that good before then she told him I cooked them....hahahaha best laugh Ive had in awhile.

Burgers are about my favorite meal. If I'm at a restaurant, it's also one of my favorite things to order as I can see how creative they are in the kitchen. One thing I always like is a spoonful of sour cream mixed in with the meat (preferably 80/20). My grandmother taught me this trick to add moisture and keep them from drying out.

I always use 80/20, 2 tablespoons of fish sauce per lb. to bring on the umami, and fresh cracked pepper.

I stole the fish sauce "secret" from the new off the hook gourmet burger chain Umami Burger in Southern California. It adds a nice richness to the burger.

Gore, I'll have to try the sour cream trick.

Something I tried last week that was pretty good. I mixed up about 2 TBS of Johnny's French Dip Concentrated Au Jus Sauce with about 4 TBS of water, about 1/2 teaspoon of granulated garlic and some black pepper.

I formed several patties from a pound of 80/20 ground chuck and spooned on a little of the mixture and let it seep in each patty. Then, I flipped the patties over and spooned on the remaining mixture. Once it seeped into the meat I cooked as usual. They were pretty good.

I also tried mixing about 1 part ground bacon with 2 parts ground beef, seasoned as above and cooked. They were pretty good too.

I am really surprised pork-burgers aren't all that popular. Even I don't make them, but it's a must hit item at the State fair for me. I like a lot of these tips - mostly the simpler ones.

I've always made them the same way. I use 80/20 meat and make 1/3 lb patties. Put them on a cookie sheet or plate and drizzle a little worcestershire on them. Then I just crack some sea salt and pepper on top and grill them up, medium preferably.

I also like to grill some onion to go on them, and butter and toast the bun as well. Some pepper jack and whatever condiments you like. Mmm

I've always made them the same way. I use 80/20 meat and make 1/3 lb patties. Put them on a cookie sheet or plate and drizzle a little worcestershire on them. Then I just crack some sea salt and pepper on top and grill them up, medium preferably.

I also like to grill some onion to go on them, and butter and toast the bun as well. Some pepper jack and whatever condiments you like. Mmm

Sounds yummy.

Wow. Mountain size burgers. I'm movin to Montana.

I had a 5 Guy's burger over the weekend. It was pretty good. That's what got me thinking about making my own. I think I am going to step the burger up a little. I really like a "deluxe" burger and it has to have good flavor.

I like mine simple. good fresh ground chuck. salt and pepper on the patties. medium rare.

Out of all the things i cook my burgers are the weakest link even though everyone says they like them. Im gonna do the onion soup burgers tonight and try to redeem myself.

I usually use 80/20 and mix in some dried minced onion to the burger... Form GENTLY with a dent in the top sear them high and finish low... People usually rave...

I usually stuff them with cheese, a little seasoning on the outside (we like fennel seed on beef), and more cheese melted on the outside. Something it took me about 40 years to figure out: If you're making extras for leftovers to re-heat, don't melt cheese on them. It will disappear as you re-heat them. Instead, heat up the burger, then put fresh cheese on it.

My deal is mix with Franks Red Hot and Tiger Sauce. Season with S+P+Oinion Powder+Garlic powder. Then put a coating of Bovine Bold. Cook hot at 700, if possible. Garnish with freshly shreaded white swiss cheese. Good deal.

Can't go wrong with a good burger. Here's my contribution.

Start with four 4oz beef patties, and four 4 oz hot jimmy dean sausage patties.

100_0929.jpg

Top half the patties with your favorite cheese.

100_0930.jpg

Press together, and grill over direct heat until both sides are nicely browned. Then move to indirect to finish cooking.

100_0936.jpg

Now the next step is very important... :becky: ...

Place the patty on a bun (of coarse)... add bacon.

100_0940.jpg

Then you absolutly must add chili. Hormel in this case... If you add turkey chili, it makes this burger good for you :heh:.

100_0943.jpg

And your in for one delicious chili cheese bacon sausage burger.

100_0946.jpg

Back