who is smoking what this weekend

Wangs............post some pron later......They be laying in the frig all rubbed up just getting ready to hit the smoke.

3 butts on the uds. going out of the norm i'm not marinating them. just going to try to inject and rub. practice for vending.

I've got 2 racks of St. Louis Spares on the WSM right now. I'm really starting to like no foil ribs. This will be my 4th time cooking this way.

Made Mike's Rib-Eyes with Mike's Award Winning Rub tonight, got the recipe from the Weber Nation site. Served them with baked potatoes. It was pretty tasty!! :-D

mikesribeye02.jpg

mikesribeye03.jpg

mikesribeye04.jpg

Made Mike's Rib-Eyes with Mike's Award Winning Rub tonight, got the recipe from the Weber Nation site. Served them with baked potatoes. It was pretty tasty!! :-D

That looks delicious! I was glad to finally look at some good eats, so I can quit reading all the posts with people bickering about when it is acceptable to say BBQ.

Cooking for 40 bikers in the rain. Had a hell of a time but we got it done.[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Last edited:
using saturday's smoked chix to do flautas today & some abt's w/ cold michelob(sorry it's all the fish camp/beer store had) for today's nascar race.

Told my wife Friday I had the urge to burn a butt. Checked freezer in garage and came up empty except for some chicken quarters and sausage. She made me go shopping Saturday for a new front door for the little house on the prairie, so I stopped at world's largest HEB on the way home and picked up a nice butt and two slabs of spares. Called both daughters and told them to be at house 6 PM Sunday. Put butt on newly re-modded NBBD before church and invited new preacher over for BBQ. Spent Sunday doing low 'n slow cook to feel out how new mods work. Pulled butt at 5:30 after 10 hours at 167 on remote thermo. Bone twisted out clean, sliced one third of butt and pulled the rest. Fed 8 people, sent care packages home, still have large platter full of meat in fridge along with spousal unit's homemade potato salad and baked beans, mother-in-law's homemade peach pie and HEB cheesecake leftovers. Located remaining hot spots in NBBD to refine future cooks and I will eat good rest of week.

Back