Marinade injector questions.

sic.semper.pork

Got Wood.
Reaction score
So I just picked up my first marinade injector. Is there some sort of "rule of thumb" as to how much marinade to inject into a cut of meat? Such as X ounces into X lbs. Also, are there different spots on different cuts of meat that should be paid attention to while injecting?

LOL at when it squirts. The answer really is it depends on what you're injecting it with. I've used a fairly salty injection into a brisket and ended up with a wonderfully moist salt-lick. Using a thin, not overly spicy inject, you should be able to inject to your hearts content. I've also used one that tends to "clump" and some small areas where it "clumps" end up extremely over spiced. Keep 'em thin.

Good deal! I have been messing around with different marinades and have been trying to keep them thin so I don't clog the injector up. I will watch out for the squirting also haha. Thanks fellas!

if i find a marinade a little thick or spices clogging the injector i will normally throw the injection mix into a blender with about 1/4 cup water to thin it and let the blender run for 5 min to try to knock the big spice pieces to cut down to smaller pieces or liquify it as it were so were it will go through my injector with out any more hassel

So I just picked up my first marinade injector. Is there some sort of "rule of thumb" as to how much marinade to inject into a cut of meat? Such as X ounces into X lbs. Also, are there different spots on different cuts of meat that should be paid attention to while injecting?

When I inject pork shoulders, more the merrier. I cover in plastic wrap before injecting, to contain the fluid squirting back at you. When I inject chicken(s), I NEVER inject through the skin. I always inject underneath it. I utilize the skin to hold in the moisture, not allow it to leak out. I have an injector that has a long needle so I can inject from inside the cavity. Hope this helps.

if i find a marinade a little thick or spices clogging the injector i will normally throw the injection mix into a blender with about 1/4 cup water to thin it and let the blender run for 5 min to try to knock the big spice pieces to cut down to smaller pieces or liquify it as it were so were it will go through my injector with out any more hassel

Now I need to go buy a blender LOL.

When I inject pork shoulders, more the merrier. I cover in plastic wrap before injecting, to contain the fluid squirting back at you. When I inject chicken(s), I NEVER inject through the skin. I always inject underneath it. I utilize the skin to hold in the moisture, not allow it to leak out. I have an injector that has a long needle so I can inject from inside the cavity. Hope this helps.

Good call with the plastic wrap, I will be using that.

Back