Fillet Mignon Pot Pie #2

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to get back into the most delicious creations since the invention of the pie crust. I'm talking about flaky, creamy comfort food: POT PIES!!!! We've done a lot of them around here. After Christmas, I took the trimmings from my beef tenderloin and made a super rich and savory pot pie. It was so rich, because I used heavy cream and half/half, that a small slice was about all you could handle.

This time, I amp'd it up a little bit with bacon, portabella mushrooms, and asparagus. The Half and Half was replaced with 2# milk and just a bit of cream. Garlic and Bovine Bold was added to the saute. It was delicious!!!

For those who appreciate fine cookware as I do, that is an All Clad 6 Qt Copper Core Saute pan. It rocks!

FilletMignonPotPie001.jpg

FilletMignonPotPie003.jpg

FilletMignonPotPie006.jpg

FilletMignonPotPie010.jpg

FilletMignonPotPie011.jpg

FilletMignonPotPie012.jpg

FilletMignonPotPie016.jpg

Wow Todd, that looks amazing! I love the asparagas thats in there! Did you have to thicken it up with a roux or flour/water mixture?
Got a picture of you digging into that baby?

If only more people knew that you can cook great comfort food like that in a barbeque or smoker, they wouldn't put them in to storage after Labor Day. I am thinking about a nice potato/cheese/beer soup on the drum today in a cast iron pot. It is cool and raining and I know that I am not the only one that has had to shovel snow off of the patio to get to the barbeque in the middle of winter. That pot pie looks so awsome. It reminds me that its not always about chicken. Thanks for a great idea.

Nice job on the BBQ baking - very light and crispy looking crust - When I use my Big Green Egg for baking, I sometimes get a darker crust than I want...nice work. Comfort food rocks!

that looks bangin'!!!!! too many good recipes on here my heads gonna esplode!!!!
HeadExplode.gif

Back