Horizon Smokers Company

LJ

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hi,
Has anyone had any experience with Horizon Smokers Company? I have placed an order for a 20" convection plate for my smoker. I have called and sent emails with no response. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lee

Same experience here. It was like pulling teeth to get my convection plate. No email responses, I finally got someone to answer the phone after many tries and they took my order, CC# and all. Said it would be done in two weeks. I called back four weeks later and there is no history of my phone call or order. I wonder where my CC# went? I placed my order again, was told two weeks. About three weeks later, my product did show up, but it was not easy. I would not do business with them again.

Call Yoder Smokers. They make a very similar product and their customer service is great. They don't have a plate listed on their website, but I bet you could still get one from them. They make a convection plate for their 20" Wichita smoker.

Same experience here-> Placed order, called, promised delivery in 2 weeks. Lather, rinse, repeat.

12 weeks later I took a picture of their plate and the measurements of my pit to a local metal shop. 3 days and $60 later I had a plate in my pit.

they make a great product! their customer service is terrible, maybe non-existent is a better word, from my experience...

Wanted to let everyone know I called the company on Tuesday and finally able to talk to someone. He said they had extra convection plates to keep in stock and mine would be shipped on Tuesday afternoon. Received an email last night from UPS that the plate has been shipped and will be delivered on Friday, 21 March.

So, we will see. I can get this in and start the season in process. Be cooking soon!!

Lee

Run don't walk away from them.

I won't take the time to post about our experience with them.

But trust me it wasn't good.

Wanted to let everyone know I called the company on Tuesday and finally able to talk to someone. He said they had extra convection plates to keep in stock and mine would be shipped on Tuesday afternoon. Received an email last night from UPS that the plate has been shipped and will be delivered on Friday, 21 March.

So, we will see. I can get this in and start the season in process. Be cooking soon!!

Lee

Looks like you may have dodged a bullet. Hope it works out for you.

Hi,
Has anyone had any experience with Horizon Smokers Company? I have placed an order for a 20" convection plate for my smoker. I have called and sent emails with no response. Any info you have would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Lee

Hey Lee....We are a dealer for Horizon so if you needed any help contacting them I would be more than happy to give you a hand...just PM and I will see what I can do.

Good morning....Received the convection plate on Friday via UPS. Was exactly what I ordered and already in the smoker. Just waiting for the weather to get better to start the seasoned process.

Back