Smoking With Cherry

if I could just pick one wood for ribs it would be Cherry. Make sure it was from a fruit producing tree. :thumb:

Love cherry the best cook a lot of pork. Also good with pecan and apple, I think that's why George cut it down:wink:

Love cherry. My firewood place doesn't often carry it though - so I stick to pecan and apple, sometimes almond.

But I'd go pecan and cherry all day long if I could.

I use a mix of cherry and hickory on almost every smoke I do. Love it, and it pairs well with most meats...

I'm heading out to Shippensburg next week for my daughters graduation and would be happy to stop and take it off your hands! You won't like it anyway. haha

Cookin a pork loin tomorrow evening. Stopped at Home Depot and picked up a bag of cherry wood to augment the charcoal on the PBC. Then I came home and read this thread! Who'd a thunk it? We'll see how she turns out.

Great with anything, but especially pork and poultry. I think of all the woods it imparts the most flavor that actually resembles the fruit.

I reverse sear just about everything these days. When on the indirect side i put chips on the coals and close er up. I keep bags of Hickory, Cherry, Apple and Mesquite on hand. Almost always I use hickory and another wood. Mesquite for beef (its strong so the hickory cuts it to be smokey but not overpowering) and apple and cherry for fish, poultry, pork and lamb

Its enough to get the IT up and some smoke flavor in while being able to cook in a short amount of time

Great thread I'm going to be getting some wood soon from a local supplier in preparation for receiving my new stickburner. Probably going to get a combo of oak, Hickory and now some cherry!

Back