• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Leftover Pork

Wrench_H

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Its been a while since I've had time to post anything. I actually cooked these about a month and a half ago for the sweet and hot throw down, but never got around to posting, so here we go.

After our last competition, we had a lot of extra pork, and I couldn't stomach another bbq sandwhich, so my wife and I got a little creative.

First the slaw which was grated broccoli, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, black pepper, sugar, and the juice from some mandarin oranges.

DSC03230.jpg

Next I shredded some of our leftover pork and mixed in peanut butter, siracha, crushed red pepper and some sesame ginger teriyaki that we had in the pantry.

DSC03235.jpg

Next we put the pork and a little slaw in egg roll wraps

DSC03237.jpg

And here they are all fried up. If I remember correctly, the sauce was some toasted sesame oil, siracha, soy, and honey, but I also remember that they were a lot better without the sauce.

DSC03239.jpg

These were really good. They were almost over the top sweet, but the siracha and the crushed red pepper balance them out with some heat. The pork with all the liquid had lost its texture, so the brocolli slaw and the fried wrap made for a good contrast as well. I don't pretend to know much about asian cooking, but these tastes came together pretty well I thought. Thanks for looking.

That is seriously bringin' it! Very creative and looks absofarkinglutely delicious!

My list of things to try is becoming overwhelming. Those egg rolls looks out of sight! :thumb:

Mmmmm.... They looks great!! Wish I had two or three right now.:grin:

Back