Hey, no special Throw Down plate?

Wow this is awesome so far. Too bad I don't eat lots of vegetables or I'd enter :-D

I LOOOOOOVE Carrot Cake!
2007.gif

Here's my hat into the ring:

IMGP3611.JPG

Fingerling potatoes, tossed with melted butter and BBQ rub, wrapped in bacon.

Here they are after about 30 minutes at 350* on my treager:
IMGP3612.JPG

I gave them a light brushing of sauce in the last few minutes to make 'em look pretty.

Rounded out with a nice steak for an excellent weekday meal.

(Please use the last photo)

Those fingerlings w/ bacon look pretty darn good. Thanks for the entry Fattymac! :thumb:

Rootatouille Pie!

My Throwdown entry: Rootatouille Pie on the UDS.
Here is the line up: Sliced Baby Red potatoes, sliced sweet potatoes, sliced carrots, 1 medium red onion, garlic, olive oil, oregano, thyme, and black pepper.
074.jpg

Started off by placing a foil sheet on a pizza pan. Then on went a spiraling layer of baby red potato slices.
075.jpg

Then did a layer of sweet potato slices in a spiral as well.
077.jpg

More olive oil was drizzled over the sweet potatoes. (If I were to make this again, at this point I would put some brown sugar on as well.) Then went on a layer of carrots followed by a little more olive oil and the spices with some more garlic.
078.jpg

Then half onion slice went on to the top and off to the UDS we went.
083.jpg

The UDS was chugging away at about 300 with hickory wood smoke as the sun was setting.
089.jpg

092.jpg

When I brought it in, I decided to to slice it up like a pizza and serve it up in wedges. (please use this pic as my Throwdown entry.)
108.jpg

It was a truly unique taste experience. All the layers were unique and brought their own essence to the party, the carrots on top soaked up the smoke flavor, the sweet potato brought the sweetness, and the potatoes blended so well with the garlic and olive oil. Truly great. As I said before the only change I would make would be to put brown sugar on the sweet potato layer. I plan on making this again most definitely. :thumb:

Dang Butz! That's inventive. :thumb::thumb:
Oh, looks pretty tasty too.

Annnnnnnd...I can't believe anyone didn't jump on this one.

Bob Brisket has a small "carrot" y'all!

And E-Code...loves me some carrot cake. How come no grated ginger in the icing though? :wink:

Back