1st Comp and Hooked

• Thread starter LoneStarBarbeque Co.
  • Start date
L

LoneStarBarbeque Co.

Hey Guys and Gals I think after our first comp this weekend we are hooked!
What a blast to participate and meet a bunch of other BBQ lovers. The comp was at Bass Pro Shop in DFW benefiting Camp Criag Allen. 44 teams total, most with a lot of experience and we took 1st place in chicken and 1st place in the bloody mary competition.
I figure that's pretty good for just getting our feet wet. Thanks to all of the advice on this forum.

Congrats on the walk. First on the first time will definitely keep you going back.

Paul

Great job!!!!! Our first win got us hooked too. Theres no turning back now! (lol)

Nice going, sounds like a great time.
Good going on your walks.
Care to elaborate on your bloody mary comp?

we took 1st place in chicken and 1st place in the bloody mary competition.

Congrats! Great job.

Did you know that there is a long standing forum tradition that if any member takes first place in an alcoholic beverage category they HAVE to share the recipe?

Really... I wouldn't kid you...

:biggrin:

Congrats! Great job.

Did you know that there is a long standing forum tradition that if any member takes first place in an alcoholic beverage category they HAVE to share the recipe?

Really... I wouldn't kid you...

:biggrin:

:wink:OK, I'll play along with that one. Here goes and you'll see why it's different.

3 cups tomatoe juice
9 ounces tequilla
1 ounce fresh lime juice
1/2 ounce worcestershire
2 teaspoons adobo liquid from canned chipotle chiles
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon celery salt
celery sticks
rub glasses with lime and rim with 50/50 celery salt and rub

Enjoy!

Congratulations! Wow, first comp and 2 walks! Bloody Mary recipe looks good too. Up in Kanukastan, we like Bloody Caesars. Same thing as BMs except made with CLAMATO juice (clam juice and tomato juice). Try Motts. Would be totally delicious too!

Congrats on the wins - and thx for the recipe. Sounds good enough to try next weekend :-D....

:wink:OK, I'll play along with that one. Here goes and you'll see why it's different.

Thanks! That sounds great! I usually make mine by the glass and I really don't have measurements, but it includes...

V8
Vodka
Lime Juice
Worcertershire
Horseradish
beef bouillon

Back