Thoughts opinions on this offset guy

I really like the idea of it but question why you need and offset to get that done.... plus, as stated earlier, the welds are very amatureish.... I can weld that good and I suck!

I really like the idea of it but question why you need and offset to get that done.... plus, as stated earlier, the welds are very amatureish.... I can weld that good and I suck!

It's never about "Need" is about "Want"! :becky:

Does anyone else think those tires are a little close to the fire box or is it insulated

I was thinking the EXACT same thing, especially since they appear to be the typical Harbor Freight tire..

Nice concept but no way I'm firing a smoker box next to the bumper of my truck.

But that's a Chevy so I'm sure he's use to stuff falling off. <Sorry, that was too easy>

U mean stuff falling off the fords he's towing!!! :becky: but I think it's a cool lil smoker... I wouldn't use it attached to the truck though..

Booger welds are hard to look at but very cool idea for tailgating or small gatherings. Il
Like the creativity.

I know for a fact after reading this forum that the 22.5 weber makes all the sense in the world for a guy like me. However a weber will never satiate my pyromania which is about half the fun for me. I'm attracted to offsets like a moth to flame. I have at least decided against the Home Depot Brinkman type offsets.
I bought a Char-Broil grill/smoker off CL for $40 and love it -- looks like an offset but minus the firebox. Yes it's junk (though the thermometer isn't bad amazingly) .So now I want something similar, but with thicker metal and better sealing and engineering, yet I don't want something that need a monster truck to tow. If it's small, I know I'll use it year 'round.
I think Lowe's will have what you are looking for.It's an Oklahoma Joe's Longhorn. I got mine for about $350.00, and they delivered it right inside my garage for me for free.

Attachments

• smoker.jpg
    smoker.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 18
Back