Theft Prevention

tonto1117

is Blowin Smoke!

Batch Image
Reaction score
Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong section but was wondering, when you are either coming or going to comps and are planning a hotel stay, what do you do to safeguard your rig against theft? Any and all ideas would be apprciated.

If you can back the rig up along a fence, and have a wall or dumpster at the back end you are in pretty good shape, especially if you can angle the tow vehicle so that the tongue of the trailer can't be rolled out to hook up to another vehicle. You can also check with most boat dealers for all sorts of locks to attach to the wheels.

We have a lock on the hitch and make sure to meet the neighbors. They will help keep an eye on your stuff.

For the cooker we rent out at work, we've got a parking boot-type thing that locks on the wheel. It would probably work really well if we ever actually rented the cooker out. Fortunately, I'm there to make sure it doesn't get lonely.

I use locks on the trailer hitch latch and the truck receiver to ensure that its fastened good to the truck and each compartment on my smoker has a pad lock on it. Jorge is right, if you can park it so its hard to get at this will put a damper on someones thoughts of trying to tow off your rig.

Try using a Pit Bi**h. Aren't they around to cover the night shift anyway???

At least that was what I was told . . . hey wait a minunte I think I was taken advantage of. Now I feel so dirty.

Thanks all. Picking up the new smoker next weekend and had a farking scary nightmare of waking up of a morning, walking outside, and the darn thing is gone :eusa_clap .......feeling better now!!!

Back