View Single Post
Old 03-08-2014, 11:34 AM   #1
deepsouth
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default ciotola fresca dal mare (a seafood pasta dish)

this was a dish that i literally threw together last evening. it turned out fabulous, so i thought i'd share..... the name, i made up...

the goal was to highlight the seafood rather than a sauce. this did that.

serve with a saison

ingredients.....

2 pounds little neck clams
1 pound scallops (i used bay since they were smaller)
1 pound shrimp (i used 1.25 lbs because he scooped too much)
1 pound angel hair pasta
3 green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 lemon, halved
1 stick of butter
fresh rosemary
fresh basil
fresh sage
salt
pepper

begin to bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta. when the water boils, you should be ready to add the pasta, which will cook quickly. when the past is done, drain it and put it in a large serving bowl.

wash your clams real well.

sesaon the seafood with salt and pepper to taste. cut the lemon in half and squeeze a bit of lemon juice in both the shrimp and the scallops. mince the garlic and chop up a few leaves of basil.

in a large pan, add 1/2 cup chardonnay (looking for an ocean taste, rather than a wine taste, thus the small amount), 1 cup of water and 1/4 stick of butter. when that comes to a boil, add 3 large branches of rosemary, 3 large branches of sage and a handful of basil, half the green onions and squeeze in the full unused half of lemon and add in the clams and cover for four minutes. the clams will pop open when they are ready, and it they will open at different times. if you scoop all the open ones out, cover it for 20-30 seconds and more will pop open. when they are all done, remove the clams from the pan, but retain the liquid, removing all the fresh herbs. retain about a 1/4 of the clams in the shells, but remove the rest. toss in the three cloves of minced garlic and the other half of the green onions and the shrimp and cook them until they are just about done and turn off the heat.

in a second pan, melt a 1/3 stick of butter and cook the scallops two minutes on each side once the pan is very hot. turn them off when they are done and leave them aside.

add the basil to the shrimp. add the scallops and the contents of that pan into the shrimp. squeeze in the rest of the partial half of lemon. salt and pepper to taste. cook over medium-high for about two minutes.

the pasta should be in a large serving bowl by now. place the clams that are in the shells on top of the pasta and pour the contents of the seafood pan over the pasta.

since the dish was really an afterthought and i made it up as i went along, i got very few photos.

Last edited by deepsouth; 03-08-2014 at 12:38 PM..
deepsouth is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Thanks from: --->