Contest Announcment "Best Dam BBQ Cookoff", Benton, Illinois - July 2, 2011

Doc, as far as setup goes we are going to have teams setup in the lines like you had suggested last year which worked great!

Contest Announcements can be put up as soon as a contest is official.
Roll calls no sooner than 4 weeks out.

Maybe it was meant to be one of those "Intentionally unintentional" bump comments? :confused: Just sayin'...
Bump_Mario.gif

chuck is our power updated for this year,especaly if 10-15 more teams,and space, we would like our same spot as last year

chuck is our power updated for this year,especaly if 10-15 more teams,and space, we would like our same spot as last year
Dennis, I am getting a quote for upgraded power to ensure there is more than enough. Unfortunately, I have to position teams as they come in starting with the southeast corner. I will try to keep that spot open but I can't make any promises. Just try to get there early like you did last year and you should be fine. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
Disregard Post #42. This sounds like a good contest.

Okay guys, we had our chamber bbq committee meeting tonight and here is what the payout we decided on.

Grand Champion - $1000
Reserve - $500
Four Main Categories:
1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $100
4th - $75
5th - $50
"Best Dam Wing" - $250

And be sure to keep in mind, we will have to wait and see what our turnout and cook off related expenses are. Once we know what's coming in and what's going out we will quite possibly increase those amounts like we did at our 2010 event. We are working hard to make this an event you guys look forward to. Thanks for all your input and advice guys! :thumb:

Great job chuck! Looking foreward to cooking it again this year! If you need anything just give me a call!

looks good brother. even tho we probably won"t get to cook this one. your energy and efforts are contaigus looks like you have some great teams comeing already

I was on the fence about this contest being a holiday weekend and all. However I must say with the proactive approach in making the event the beat it can be, I am sold. Registration is filled out and will be going in the mail shortly. Thanks Chuck

I was on the fence about this contest being a holiday weekend and all. However I must say with the proactive approach in making the event the beat it can be, I am sold. Registration is filled out and will be going in the mail shortly. Thanks Chuck
Thanks a lot! I'll see you there! :thumb:

Hey Chuck, though we took a spankin' last year, we had a great time; and really appreciated your extra efforts to make things just right for everyone. As you know, we will be back!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

Hey Chuck, though we took a spankin' last year, we had a great time; and really appreciated your extra efforts to make things just right for everyone. As you know, we will be back!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

Thanks Jim, everyone at the chamber worked hard to make it happen and we're looking forward to this year! We appreciate all the teams patience as we are learning the ropes of contest organization. As I said before, we want our event to be one that everyone looks forward to! :thumb:

Okay guys, I had a conversation with someone today, and I know it's still a little early for role call, so it was suggested to have an "Early Bird" entry contest for our cook off. So, for teams that enter before May 21, 2011 they will be entered into a drawing. The lucky team that's drawn from the hat will receive their entry fee back! We're hoping that this will encourage more teams to enter our contest early. It will also make it easier for me to make sure I have the proper amount of judges. I hope you guys take advantage of this chance to make a couple bucks back! Thanks! :thumb:

I'll be there, I guess I need to get my entry fees turned in. I'm gonna consider this my "home" competition as I actually only live about 15 miles from Rend Lake.:thumb:

Thanks, it helps just knowing who's coming you know. We'll see you in July! :thumb:

Back