4th Plans

chad

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm not cooking today (well, maybe I'll grill something later) but I'll be cooking 3-4 racks of ribs and grilling (Cornell) some chicken for Anne's office Monday (nurses work weekends!!).

Today it's chores and I'm tackling the woodpile. Joey, my 12 year old, and I are trying to get 3 - 35 gallon cans filled with split oak. The oak is from last years pre-hurricane trimming! I'm chainsawing some logs into more manageable sizes and then Joey and I am splitting the wood the old-fashioned way: axe, maul/log splitter, and wedge.

Actually it's going ok - we've got two cans filled and we are for sure quitting after 3!! That'll give me enough for 3-5 cooks in Ferris!

Me and Motrin have an understanding!! :D

Yep, that's what I split with.

Kevin

Re: RE: 4th Plans

Kevin said:
Yep, that's what I split with.

Kevin

Me too; except bigger. It's called a "monster maul." To enhance the threapeutic value, try pasting photos of your least favorite politician on top of th logs first.

RE: Re: RE: 4th Plans

I've seen the monster maul - just haven't "needed" to buy one yet. :D

Re: RE: Re: RE: 4th Plans

tommykendall said:
I've seen the monster maul

My OL shops there :roll:

No........you invest there........

Chad, nice job on the wood splitting........almost didn't recognize the cooker under the wood, I thought it was a chipper at first....

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: 4th Plans

Plans are Brats and Burgers tomorrow.

Don't want to be tied down to the smoker all day.

Looks like alot of work Chad

The wife just invited the family over to swim and eat,so looks like i'm doing six racks of BB and beans,fatties,ABT's.I couldn't be happier,cook and drink beer all day while my kids,grandkids and greatgrandkids swim and pig out.Life is good :wink:

I have 3 7# butts resting in the cooler right now. Taking to a party at my neighbors in an hour.

tommykendall said:
I have 3 7# butts resting in the cooler right now. Taking to a party at my neighbors in an hour.

Let's see, Long Beach, I could do that in an hour...

Just started on 2 Butts and will cook 25 lbs of B-backs in the morning and through out the day!!! Already contemplating taking off Tuesday :shock: . Ready for a big feed!!!!

I did a coupla racks of spares yesterday for my mother-in-law. I also smoked a picnic shoulder in that meco electric that I got a while back. I took the heating element out and decided that since I didn't have a charcoal grate yet (can't find one that fits) I would try it with just putting the charcoal in the bottom of the smoker. I figured I wouldn't be upset if it didn't work because I only paid $.69/lb for the pork roast and I could always move it to the chargriller to finish.

The meco held temp for a good 6 hours without a reload. I actually went to a birthday party and came back and it was still smoking away! It's in the oven right now (don't own a cooler). I will post a pic later when I pull it.

Mista

Grillin this time. burgers, dogs, steaks and maybe some salmon.
Energy conservation mod (my energy that is).

The extra touch will be poblano pepper fillets on the burgers. Maybe chedddar-filled too.

Parents coming over. BYC is chugging away. Doing spares, tri-tip, chicken thighs & some short ribs. I know short ribs are not typical for BBQ but kinda like 'em, rectangular blocks of meat, maybe 3 inches long, with a whole bunch of fat, meat, bone, and connective tissue. I get 'em when they're cheap at the Mexican market.

I did a ten-pound brisket, a 7# butt, three racks of baby backs, and four fatties yesterday.
All came out perfectly and the in-laws raved. Threw in some beer and pool-time and it was a great day.
Cedar plank salmon here in an hour or so.

Back