***VOTE*** BBQ Brethren Shellfish Throwdown ***VOTE***

Who should win the Shellfish Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [SIZE=+2]"Shellfish"[/SIZE] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced Saturday 10/24 after the poll has closed.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread for more pics/info on the entries.

[SIZE=+2]blues n cues[/SIZE]
blues_n_cues.jpg

[SIZE=+2]Gore[/SIZE]
Gore.jpg

[SIZE=+2]Grillman[/SIZE]
Grillman.jpg

[SIZE=+2]landarc[/SIZE]
landarc.jpg

[SIZE=+2]Que-Dawg[/SIZE]
Que-Dawg.jpg

[SIZE=+2]The Pickled Pig[/SIZE]
The_Pickled_Pig.jpg

[SIZE=+2]thirdeye[/SIZE]
thirdeye.jpg

This was a really tough call, but I really wanted a dish like landarc's at that time (waiting for lunch), so went with that one.

Great job by all!

It was Very tough trying to figure out which one to vote. I'd eat any and all of that.

I wanted to eat all of them right off the screen. Wen with third Eyes as it was still hot on the grill

I sort of posted a recipe this morning. Do you want a real recipe or was that good enough? I don't really know why I am asking this, I think I know that I should not be so lazy.

Nice job everyone - I went with Gore because of the effort made in a very pretty presentation

Another tough choice! I would eat any of them (I think I always say that :rolleyes:) I had to go with Thirdeye. There's something about that big pot o clams with the red and green that I like.

I sort of posted a recipe this morning. Do you want a real recipe or was that good enough? I don't really know why I am asking this, I think I know that I should not be so lazy.

That just looks so darn farkin delicious!!! I think I paid close to $25 for a seafood gumbo like that last time I had it.

I saw the thread and was excited to get a play by play. I don't want to push you to give it up, but if you have the measured ingredients handy and are willing to put em up, It will definitely be appreciated by me and my wife.

I think others would appreciate it too if you posted it on the play by play thread.

Dave

good looking eats everyone! makes me wish I still lived where I could get fresh seafood and shellfish. but it is October already and I haven't had an oyster so maybe I need to make a trip back to the Chesapeake and grab a bushel on ice for shuckers, steamers and he-oyster stew. man am I craving blue crabs and oysters in a big way now.

All,

I wanted to remind everyone of each of the rules. There was a question asked of me that pertains to the rules. I will not say anything more other than to restate the rules. Please pay special attention to rule #5 as an explanation of why my action is to restate the rules in their entirety that apply to all entries and voters.

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 10/9 - 10/18 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 10/18.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

Please continue to vote as you feel fit, that is the way of the Throwdowns. There are too many gray areas to ever fully satisfy anyone, and in order to maintain the feeling of Brethren kinship in these contests, rule #5 was implemented to avoid disputes and allow the Brethren to decide who wins. The Brethren majority overrule any singular decisions, or decisions among smaller groups of people.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

That was a tough vote... Congrats to everyone They all look fantastic!

Gore was going to vote for ya but Grillman's lobster fatty scooped it. :)

Again good job fella's!

I THOUGHT THE RECIPES WERE SUPPOSE TO BE BBQ. QUE DAWG IS BOILED.:icon_smil

That was so tough...I had to go with pickled pig though...NEVER turn down a surf and turf...But landarc was my very very close second...ahhhhhhh! Now I'm bititng my nails...too stressfull...!

Back