Ribs dont freeze at 32* or anywhere near

Elfmaze

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have been slowly bringing the temp down a degree or two a day on these ribs trying to get them to freeze slowly. But i went from 35 to 27* with no sign of freezing. I'm now down to 24* and still not frozen. one rack is getting a bit of frost on it.

And I did check with a glass of water. Frozen solid. Ribs just dont freeze. I hope the three days i've spent trying to get them to freeze will not let them go bad.

Why are you trying to freeze the ribs slowly?

Are they enhanced? (Factory brine)

^ +1

That was going to be my question, as any salt or salt solution will affect the freezing temperature of the ribs. I freeze ribs all the time with rock hard packages in my freezer.

I was thinking of the rapid vs slow freezing and texture of meat, They were previously frozen and then thawed, then i freeze them again. Maby more playing with my controller.

But I was kinda interested in the result

Don't over think things. If you need them frozen again just freeze them so they don't spoil.

Everything I have been told is that the faster you freeze meat, the better it is. If they are brined, you will need to go colder than 24 degrees.

Back