• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Vending Pastrami

Jacked UP BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I am cooking 250 lbs of pastrami, is the yield the same as pork? 50% loss? I got a good gig for st patties day and want to make sure I have a enough. thanks

Probably more like brisket, 60% yield at least if not better since your not cooking it so long.

I like to take it up to 185*... Makes it just tender enough and still have some 'Bite' texture...

The yield is close to 60% the last couple of times (including this weekend).

I like to take it up to 185*... Makes it just tender enough and still have some 'Bite' texture...

The yield is close to 60% the last couple of times (including this weekend).

Sorry to hear your camera is broken. :roll:

I smoke to 165 and wrap in foil with some beef broth. Bring it to 195 and pull and let rest for as long and you can resist. Its even better the next day. I cook kust like a brisket minus salt in the rub.

Excuse my last post, I soak them in fresh water with potatoes to draw some of the salt out, or it tastes like you are eating a salt cube. You still need no salt in the rub.

I am buying them ready for the smoker. Much easier and less chance of disaster.

Are you getting them from a distributor or someother contact. Other then Corned beef in the store I haven't found already cured and ready to go briskets.

Are you getting them from a distributor or someother contact. Other then Corned beef in the store I haven't found already cured and ready to go briskets.

I can get corned flats or points from my meat guy by the case Boss.
Maybe check out your supplier? :biggrin:

My question is why are you cooking pastrami on St. Patty's day? Isn't corned beef the traditional dish?

I do a lot of pastrami on St. Patty Day....a double choice....and, believe it or not, a lot of folks will take it in because of being burned out on corned beef as they say.....I do brine my own, for smaller catering jobs, other than that, I get Sid's out of Michigan, they are phenomenal!!!

My question is why are you cooking pastrami on St. Patty's day? Isn't corned beef the traditional dish?

100,000 person parade, we have a center stage with the spicewine set up. We will also have corned beef, but pastrami sells big around here.

Back