Feesh Tacos & Steak ABTs

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I played golf yesterday and had plans to go straight home and mow the grass. Well I got set in to mowing and it started to rain and I was gonna be a good hard working hubby and try to finish in the rain, but the rain kept coming and got harder too so I quit and went inside to start this cook here. I had my excuses all rehearsed and was gonna tell the boss that I did all I could to get that yard mowed inspite of the rain and I really hated it that I had to quit and could already hear her saying “yea right”. Well bout the time I got started cooking it quit raining and I knew I had no choice as early as it was to finish the job even though I had rather be stoking that fire. Got that did but didn’t have no oil for the weedeater so I finally got to cooking. The steak ABT’s were loaded with a little cream cheese first then the steak, then some cheddar and wrapped with turkey bacon. I never tried turkey bacon before and didn’t know if I’d like it and I thought it was PDG. The fish tacos are really good and I picked up the talapia at wally’s and sprinkled em with lemon pepper. You just can’t hardly go wrong with feesh tacos but I think the pico de galo, avocado, and chopped cucumbers really made these special. While the corn, abts, and fish was cooking I put 7 flour tortillas between two wet paper towels and wrapped in foil and layed on top of the little tailgater and just flipped em over ever now and then and they turned out perfect like that and we didn’t have to get out our pan for once.

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

IMG_4558.jpg

IMG_4560.jpg

I can't see the pics due to work internet filter:mad:, but they sound awesome! ABT's and Feesh Tacos...:biggrin:
I love a good fish taco, and would kill for awesome ABT's...
Can't wait to get home and see the pics!
Great job, bro!:mrgreen:

Never had a fish taco, but it sounds good and looks even better.

looks delicious! I want to come over! I love fish tacos, and those look like some good ones.

Greendriver, that looks wonderful!:cool:

I love fish tacos here too, also use tilapia. And yes, Turkey bacon isn't too bad for us on a diets...That plate looks great!

that looks great, I have a tought time choosing between skirt/fish/shrimp tacos
cabbage on the tacos??
some of that corn shucked would be lovely on em too

Great looking grub, I'm a big fan of the feesh tacos myself. I have been experimenting with several white sauces for the tacos and finally landed on a yogurt based one similar to what Rubios Fish Tacos uses (local taco chain). I dont want to hijack but I can share it if anyone is interested...

Great looking grub, I'm a big fan of the feesh tacos myself. I have been experimenting with several white sauces for the tacos and finally landed on a yogurt based one similar to what Rubios Fish Tacos uses (local taco chain). I dont want to hijack but I can share it if anyone is interested...

Post that recipe man...some white sauce might be good on top of that pico de galo.

and thanks for the kind words from everyone.

Post that recipe man...some white sauce might be good on top of that pico de galo.
No problem it is quite simple and funny considering the many recipes I have tried over the years that had many more ingredients in them. This goes real well in conjuction with pico de gallo and fine sliced cabbage. It even tastes good with frozen fish sticks (which I make when I have am short on time and am not watching the calories) :mrgreen:

3-4 tablespoons plain yogurt
3 tablespoons mayo
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon white sugar (sometimes need to adjust up or down depending on brands of mayo and yogurt)

I also add cracked black pepper when I make it for myself but the wife doesnt care for it so I leave it out most of the time. Enjoy!

nice, man!

you can't go wrong with smoked turkey bacon. but if you're gonna have it, you must smoke it!

that's the way i do corn on the cob too. luv that caramelizing that just doesn't happen when you leave it in the husk

Great looking turkey bacon on the ABT's. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but now I see it I'll be trying some soon! My wife doesn't eat food that moinks...

Back