skirt steak

popeye

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Does anybody know of a good marinade for skirt steak .

i think i will do fajitas . . it is a good cut. not much meat but got a good flavor

Try this one Courtesy of Tyler Florence Carne ASADA

Mojo:
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
1 large handful fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 limes, juiced
1 orange, juiced
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
In a mortar and pestle or bowl, mash together the garlic, jalapeno, cilantro, salt, and pepper to make a paste. Put the paste in a glass jar or plastic container. Add the lime juice, orange juice, vinegar, and oil. Shake it up really well to combine.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/tyler-florence/tacos-carne-asada-recipe/index.html?oc=linkback

I make Kalbi out of it. Always a hit with the fam.

In a food processor combine:

2 Asian or Bosc pears
1 medium onion
8-10 cloves of garlic
1TBS fresh ginger
1/3-1/2C soy sauce (more if you prefer)
1/4C honey
1/3C water
2TBS sesame oil

Process to a creamy liquid. Pour over skirts and seal in a ziplock or tupperware container for at least an hour, ideally overnight.

Grill to desired doneness and serve with romaine lettuce leaves, rice, raw garlic, and peppers.

So tasty, I have some marinating in the fridge right now :)

Just cooked some up last night over mesquite. Usually rub with Fiesta Brand fajita seasoning and lime juice...always turns out great.

Cook hot about 3 minutes a side you can't go wrong!

I second fajita seasoning and lime.

Also try salt, pepper and a little cumin with lime. Or some jalapeno salt. Then smoke with mesquite for 1hr around 225 with all your cut vegetables in a pan directly underneath to catch the juice. Quickly sear meat.

Good stuff.

Marinade

Use this for about 12 hours:
http://www.wegmans.com/webapp/wcs/s...play?productId=382031&storeId=10052&langId=-1

Then cook it about 2 minutes or so on each side over high heat. Let it rest afterward. Then slice it across the grain. That will elimate any chewy parts. Use the grill to cook up some peppers and onions in a cast iron. When super hot Put the sliced meat in the cast iron and serve while sizzling. You can also heat up the tortillas on the grill.

Back