2012 Midwest Bash single malt tasting

Bigdog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Ok, let's do it again. Please use this thread to sign up for this year's tasting. Please indicte your interest and what you will be bringing. No rules other than it has to be a single malt Scotch whiskey.

I'm thinking of bringing a Glenmoreangie or a Belvinie. Anyone remember which Belvinie we tasted last year?

Last edited:
Done, I'm in, I don't know what I'll take until I get home, and I can't remember which Balvenie that was... Actually, there's quite a bit I don't remember about that session! :twitch:

Opps, ment to say 2012. Arlin, please fix this.

Ok, let's do it again. Please use this thread to sign up for this year's tasting. Please indicte your interest and what you will be bringing. No rules other than it has to be a single malt Scotch whiskey.

I'm thinking of bringing a Glenmoreangie or a Belvinie. Anyone remember which Belvinie we tasted last year?

I believe that was the Balvenie 15 YO Single Barrel (I still have about half of it!). I'm going to try to get a bottle of Ardbeg Alligator (got that at a good price in the Okie state bro. MacRae?).

And oh, BTW, I'm IN!

I believe that was the Balvenie 15 YO Single Barrel (I still have about half of it!). I'm going to try to get a bottle of Ardbeg Alligator (got that at a good price in the Okie state bro. MacRae?).

And oh, BTW, I'm IN!

I really liked that stuff. Any chance you would sell me what you have left?

I'll bring the Balvenie to the Royal; drink as much as you want and bring any leftovers to the Bash!

Any word on that Alligator brother MacRae?

I honestly haven't had a chance to get up to the good store, Woody. Although my brother did just leave after a few days' visit - and he brought me a nice Glenmorangie 18yo that I'll be taking to the Bash.
I'll try and take a peek this week at the good stuff!

Ooh, nice bit of sleuthing, Bill! Indeed, that 15 year-old Single Barrel was the stuff. Wow. Who brought that last year??

I'm in, I'll try to round up some fresh ones, gives me an excuse to add to the dwindling stock. :becky:

Everyone please post here what bottle you will be bringing so we can have another diverse sampling again.:thumb:

Also, please let me know if you want to do it the same way again or change it to a blind tasting or whatever.

I'll look at my stock this evening and post a few.
We have a pretty good selection of Isley around here for you peaty lovers, let me know if you want me to look for anything special.

Does this one count?

Penderyn Welsh Single Malt

The local liquor store just got it in.

Does this one count?

Penderyn Welsh Single Malt

The local liquor store just got it in.

Sure, sounds interesting!

I'm still looking for a bottle of Ardbeg Alligator, may have to bring the Corryvrecken instead.

Back