Which Cabinet Smoker

With slanted 4 Rack Rib Rack what would be minimum spacing needed?
4"? 6"?

You want 8in clearance based on my experience if you are going put them in a holder.I found out the hard way even with baby backs or St. Louis 6in can get really tight depending on the angle of the rib rack you use. Those smaller rack are still over 5in wide and on occasion over 5.5 at the widest point these are my preference http://www.tejassmokers.com/options.htm they hold up and the angle they sit at give you a little breathing room.

My experience is with the Superior SS2. Not your exact setup, but I have two large briskets (19 & 14 lbs) in full pans staggered and two butts in half pans; as you can see, plenty of room to spare. Easily fits 2 briskets w/o pans per shelf, 4 butts (8-10 lbs) and 4 racks of trimmed spares.

Also turns out great Q, Brethren discount = $100.00, full of "standard" features - go check out Peep's unit :shock: if you're close to him.

IMG_1156_zpsf0d79cef.jpg

Thanks for that pic Fat Woody - ya I'm within a hour of Peeps - I need to go check it out.

I emailed Humphreys on the pint for info and here's what I learned

"We will have more pictures available within the next couple of weeks on the new Pint. The Cooking Chamber dimensions are 15.25" wide, 22.5" deep, 25" tall and has 9 rack slides approx. 2.3 inches apart. You can also use the tops of other slides that are in there for more rack locations if you need a little bit more room on one rack and less on another. The above dimensions are for a drop in water pan configuration, a slide out version is 2" taller but has one less rack slide."

I forgot to ask if it's available in Burnt Orange..........

With slanted 4 Rack Rib Rack what would be minimum spacing needed?
4"? 6"?

Let's assume a rack of spares is about 8 inches wide and 1-3/4 thick, you should be able to build a rack with 3" spacing (to make sure you have good circulation around the ribs) at about a 45 degree angle and get 4 racks on and 18" wide grate with 4 inch high clearance. The rib racks I've made have been simple 3/16-1/4 rod, bent & welded to a little flat stock for a base and just sit them on the cooking grate. If you were to fab them up so they were put in the racks in lieu of the grate you would have more room to adjust the angle and spacing to make sure you had good circulation. All that said, I see restaurants overlap ribs all the time; probably not good for the look of a comp rib but they still eat pretty good:mrgreen:

If any off yall Guys have these smokers - stage 2 butts, 2 briskets and 4 racks of spares and take a pic and post for us. If you are adventurous then cook 2 butts, 2 briskets and 4 racks and post pics........:thumb:

Humphreys Pint too small? anyone got one?

I would definitely go with the pint for what you want to cook. I have a Battle box which is smaller than the the pint, I cook one brisket(on 1 rack), 2 butts(on 1 rack) and 3 half pans of chicken thighs(on 2 racks) with plenty of air flow needed for everything to cook. With the pint you'll have no problem cooking the 2 briskets, 2 butts and 4 racks of ribs. My teammate has a pint and he has cooked 18 racks of ribs at one time with awesome results. I'll bet you'll be able to cook 10-12 hours on one load of charcoal. In fact I have done it on my battlebox!!!! I'm telling you, you will not be disappointed with the pint.

If any off yall Guys have these smokers - stage 2 butts, 2 briskets and 4 racks of spares and take a pic and post for us. If you are adventurous then cook 2 butts, 2 briskets and 4 racks and post pics........:thumb:

Humphreys Pint too small? anyone got one?

Though it's not the exact scenarios you requested, I have a few pics of some cooks on my Assassin28 that are close. Threw in a couple of shots of some yard birds as well.

butts2.JPG

butts16.JPG

butts19.JPG

butts17.JPG

butts18.JPG

Check out BQ Grills insulated vertical direct smokers. Fully welded, super heavy duty. 16-20 hour burn times.

Vertical%20Direct%20Smokers%20016.JPG

I don't know how you feel about road trips but there is a Backwoods dealer in Lometa, Tx. It's an old retired couple that spent years doing comps. They had the Party and Fatboy in stock. I spent an hour just talking to them when I was driving thru lometa today. You will be hard pressed to find 2 nicer people. They won't have any Chubbys until February. Maybe we can go in together and get a discount on 2 smokers? There are worse ways to spend an afternoon. 4 hours round trip and you might save a few dollars on shipping.

I don't know how you feel about road trips but there is a Backwoods dealer in Lometa, Tx. It's an old retired couple that spent years doing comps. They had the Party and Fatboy in stock. I spent an hour just talking to them when I was driving thru lometa today. You will be hard pressed to find 2 nicer people. They won't have any Chubbys until February. Maybe we can go in together and get a discount on 2 smokers? There are worse ways to spend an afternoon. 4 hours round trip and you might save a few dollars on shipping.
One of their personal smokers is a R & O Fatgirl if you are interested in seeing one of those.

The rest of "Hamburger" is in the Lonestar Grillz Smoker!

Attachments

• hamburger.jpg
    hamburger.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 286
Back