Been lost and now I'm found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Briggsy

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hey All, I'm Jack and go by the nickname "Briggsy" I've actually been a member of the Brethren since 2006 but, for various reasons such as several forums / etc. Its been tough to keep up.

I'd consider myself a wannabe..... I started off in about 2004 with different types of offset smokers. Then in 2007 I took a jump and with an Ole Hickory EL-IB I bought off Jumpin Jim (Great Guy) started into a few competitions.

Difficult thing about it I was a 1 man show but with some help from my wife we did a few. We did get inspected, insurance, etc and started doing some catering. However with my job, and people not wanting to pay for quality BBQ. I had to give it up.

Long story short, Now I have my FEC100 that I love (I loved the Ole Hickory, Just couldn't afford it). I pretty much smoke now as a hobby and for friends.

I'm from South Central Iowa - Albia, which is 20 miles west of Ottumwa or 70 miles southeast of Des Moines.

Last edited:
Welcome (back?) to our version of OCD (Outdoor Cooking Disorder)!

Welcome, er, uh, welcome back, er, uh, well,

Keep on posting!:cool:

Ahhh, the Prodigal Son returns!!!

Welcome (back) to the addiction... Remember, there is no 12 step program for us!!!

Welcome to the forum!

Glad you came out of the shadows Jack.
Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back